• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Its starting people.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/2821...on-sees-1200-surge-youth-amanda-prestigiacomo

The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) has seen a stunning 1,200% increase in youth membership and donations since the tragic South Florida school shooting on February 14.

In reaction to the calls to raise the age limit on ownership of certain guns subsequent to the school shooting, SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb says he's seen a 1,200% spike in 18-20-year-old memberships and donations.

"We normally don’t get that many members or donors in that age group, since the gun rights movement typically trends toward older Americans," said Gottlieb. "But the 18- to 20-year-olds have never been specifically targeted before, and they are obviously alarmed."

Gottlieb noted the importance of young gun ownership in the face of an aging pro-Second Amendment crowd.

"This influx of young Americans into the gun rights movement is important, not just to respond to the current gun control threat, but as the movement has gotten older, it is encouraging to see so many young adults getting involved in support of Second Amendment rights," he said.

On Friday, Republican Governor Rick Scott of Florida signed a measure that raises the age to purchase a gun from 18 to 21. President Donald Trump, too, has played with a similar federal restriction, previously suggesting people under the age of 21 should be barred from buying certain guns, though he's since signaled a retreat from such a proposal.

As seen with the membership boost at SAF, Americans have responded swiftly to the intense calls to crack down on Second Amendment rights, in perhaps the exact opposite way those pushing such measures want them to.

"It’s important to note that this interest surge has been organic on the Internet," said Gottlieb. "SAF did nothing special to make it happen. They have really done this on their own, finding us on the Internet and following up."

"I want young adults in the 18-to-20 age group to know they are welcome in the gun rights movement," he continued. "While the media has paraded high school students to push a gun control agenda, the age group that is now being targeted by that effort is energizing, and showing that there is another side to this controversy."

The sales of so-called "ghost guns" and memberships at the National Rifle Association (NRA) have reportedly soared as well since the school shooting.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Needed - A well-spoken 18-21 y.o. to step forward

Someone to counter gun control media darling and suspected crisis actor David Hogg.

David Hogg: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

This guy gets too much media air time to be a 'survivor' and the fact that the debunking article is riddled with as many inaccuracies as the claims being made by supposed 'conspiracy sites'. I guarantee you as his idea of 'common sense gun control' are promoted, he will be offered an anchor job at CNN. His on-air coaching by CNN has been well documented.

The NRA has done a decent job of promoting 'diversity' in their media personalities, but they have yet to feature a 18-21 y.o. ... the demographic group being targeted by the left ... and the group most easily manipulated by emotional pleas. If SAF were smart, they would poll their newest supporters for the best and brightest, then professionally promote them the way that NRA promotes Colin and Dana.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I would really like to know the statistics for the younger members of the NRA over recent months. Does the NRA collect age as part of the membership application process? I suspect that there has been an increase, the big question is how much.

As for the statistics about the second amendment foundation. While promising, percentage increases can be very deceiving. The anti-gun crowd uses them all the time to their advantage. If the SAF only had 10 members in that age group, they would now have 120. A good step, but not necessarily a national movement.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I would really like to know the statistics for the younger members of the NRA over recent months. Does the NRA collect age as part of the membership application process? I suspect that there has been an increase, the big question is how much.

As for the statistics about the second amendment foundation. While promising, percentage increases can be very deceiving. The anti-gun crowd uses them all the time to their advantage. If the SAF only had 10 members in that age group, they would now have 120. A good step, but not necessarily a national movement.

This is precisely what I am concerned happened. A large percentage increase is easy to achieve when it occurs on a small basis. You can easily go from 10 to 120, not so much from 10,000 to 120,000. Both represent a 120% increase.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    A few years ago I didn’t know or care about the 2nd amendment foundation but after the last salvo of leftist attacks against the 2A I decided to become a life member. I’m not young by any means but my membership is probably part of the recent surge.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    FYI - you can make the SAF the recipient of funds by adding them to your smile.amazon.com account.

If you are going to use Amazon might as well send SAF a piece. Small % but it helps.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    FYI - you can make the SAF the recipient of funds by adding them to your smile.amazon.com account.

If you are going to use Amazon might as well send SAF a piece. Small % but it helps.
    I do this too.

But sending in more money tonight.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013

It can add up over time, I've generated over 0.6% of their total received.

Attachments

• az_smile_impact.PNG
      az_smile_impact.PNG
      10.1 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads