• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I don’t know what caliber he was shot with, but I’m starting to think about switching my night stand gun from a .45acp handgun to an M4. I never was under any illusion that handguns were a death ray. That said, I would have put at least 3 rounds in him. Poor cops have to worry about how they’ll be judged, especially with an unarmed (I assume he was unarmed) black male.

https://nypost.com/video/gunshot-to-the-stomach-doesnt-faze-suspect/

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Clearly no interference with the CNS. Shame.

If you’re gonna aim that low, break the pelvic girdle.

If you’re gonna shoot, then give him at least three. Zipper is good.

20/20 hindsight is easy for us. Glad the officers lived to laugh about it later.

I thought maybe the perp disarmed the Officer. Weapon retention looks like a fail at first blush...

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    This is a great training video. The way the courts have ruled now, LEO’s are being trained that each bullet is a separate use of force, rather than all one incident. It makes it pretty difficult because after one shot there’s hardly any time to access the situation.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    There is no such thing as a death ray. I've seen deer live after being hit square on in the liver at short range with a slug. Bullets fail to expand sometimes, and adrenaline (and for humans, drugs) is a funny thing. M4 is no guarantee either. People survive rifle woulds to the stomach, or at least live long enough to potentially put a hurting on you.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    There is no such thing as a death ray. I've seen deer live after being hit square on in the liver at short range with a slug. Bullets fail to expand sometimes, and adrenaline (and for humans, drugs) is a funny thing. M4 is no guarantee either. People survive rifle woulds to the stomach, or at least live long enough to potentially put a hurting on you.

I know, but a 5.56 will do a better job than .45acp and will be quicker with follow-up shots. I’ve been hesitant to use one of my M4s because of the sound, especially with the brakes I have on them. I hate the idea of having to put muffs on. It’s just an added step.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I know, but a 5.56 will do a better job than .45acp and will be quicker with follow-up shots. I’ve been hesitant to use one of my M4s because of the sound, especially with the brakes I have on them. I hate the idea of having to put muffs on. It’s just an added step.

Plus having to defend using an evil "assault weapon" to the jury/judge. I find myself extremely hesitant to use an AR in a self defense scenario, esp in this state.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I don’t know what caliber he was shot with, but I’m starting to think about switching my night stand gun from a .45acp handgun to an M4. I never was under any illusion that handguns were a death ray. That said, I would have put at least 3 rounds in him. Poor cops have to worry about how they’ll be judged, especially with an unarmed (I assume he was unarmed) black male.

https://nypost.com/video/gunshot-to-the-stomach-doesnt-faze-suspect/

****As someone mentioned, no CNS damage. Also, I'd like to see where exactly he was shot. It's possible the perp got lucky and it hit the side of his abdominal area and simply went through fatty tissue and out the back. If he had been hit in the pelvis he would have probably dropped like a stone. Obviously, CNS damage would also have dropped him immediately, regardless of whatever drug, or adrenaline, etc..

I feel sorry for the cops that they have to hesitate on shooting someone clearly trying to hurt them. Plenty of people are killed every year with just fists.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Shot placement and/ or good drugs in the suspect.

Refer back to concept of shoot until no longer a threat .

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD

The officer shot and the suspect fell. If he would have kept on shooting, he would have had to justify every one of those rounds entering a falling or fallen suspect. And with the way things are going now that’d be a tough sell. The guy being alive isn’t a threat.

I’m not disagreeing with you that follow up shots would have ended this before another physical assault. I’m just saying the way the courts have ruled with deadly force I don’t think it would have been justified. Or at the very least, it would have caused all kinds of problems.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Now that I watched instead of read link -

Ofc fired, he fell down - initial threat over .

If ( anyone) pops back up , and presents additional threat , then perform indicated response(s) for that threat .

At the time undoubtedly was a wtf moment , but curious as to actual shot placement, and toxicology of the suspect . At the least, from the video, was fired up with adrenaline.

As an object lesson , a useful reminder that no firearm ( or other defensive tool ) is a magic ray , or works instantly every time.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    When there are that many officers involved and still have issues after putting a bullet in him, what do they (liberals) expect will happen if he attacked one person with one concealed firearm (presumably with less training) and no back up. What time do the protests start for cops shooting an unarmed boy on his way to church?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

On a whole, correct. BUT, in this case, the officer was lucky to get one shot off with a hit. The game really took a turn when the perp got back up and charged the other officer taking away any thoughts of a follow up shot at that point (9mm AED would have been tempting though...).

This was not an intruder in your house threatening your life. In that case, stitch away. I will. Police, unfortunately, have to operate under a different set of guidelines(varied depending on municipality). Look what Cali is now considering. That state is about to get a lot more dangerous, for the citizens as well as for the cops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom