• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler1256f

Mar 30, 2018
    Would anyone be interested in this rifle for $800?

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Put her up on GB with lots of good photos and you should do well. Of everyone who hangs out on MDS somd_mustangs puts up some of the best listings on GB (search for so_md_mustangs). Look up his recent sales on GB and you'll have a great template to guide you on what to do right. Takes a bit of work but that's what you need to do to get the most out of your listing.

Jul 1, 2012
    aw shucks... :)

Seriously if you've never sold a gun before GunBroker can be a very daunting experience.
    Some things to consider:
    To start with, the sellers tools aren't the greatest and definitely not intuitive.
    If you like messing with HTML and slow websites though, it's groovy.
    By the time you're done wrestling with it and paying the final value fees etc that extra $100 dollars or so may not be worth it.
    Consider also you'll have to pack it properly and ship it which can also be problematic if you've never done it before (plus you'll need to buy materials etc).
    Not all FFL's will accept shipments from an unlicensed individual so you might have to (or want to) get a local FFL to ship it for you.
    Finally GB just changed their fee structure and philosophy a few weeks ago... I'm waiting to see how that plays out.

I've never dealt with buying/selling on Gunboards but that may be an option too.
    A disadvantage you'll have regardless is being a "newbie" seller whatever website you use.

Maybe hold onto it and wait until the next MACA Timonium show?
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=218944

Selling it face-to-face where folks can examine it - and you don't have to pack/ship - may be a lot easier in the long run.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Tyler, check your PMs as I sent you one. Hoping you'll consider letting me take you to a range to trial it at my expense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom