• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I read the complaint it sounds like their entire lawsuit is based around the fact she was supposedly in regular contact with someone by cell phone and text while in the store. I think about half the people you see in any retail stores these days are in regular contact with people by cell phone and text as they're shopping . Oh and she was running up and down the aisles. I'm not sure how running up and down the aisles has anything to do with making a straw purchase. Maybe it's one of those secret techniques the gun control groups know about that no one else seems to have ever heard of. Sounds like nonsense to me. But it helps serve to intimidate big corporations from being in the firearm business.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Isn't the onus on the dealer being the first line of defense against unlawful sales? The dealers I've talk to about it said they don't have to sell you a firearm. I'm surprised if she was being erratic that they would complete the sale.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Time to sue the sponsors of the lawsuit for frivolous and malicious prosecution. Any responsible lawyer would know going in that they had no grounds to sue Cabela's.

Cabela's needs to sue to recover their legal fees and costs, the damage the publicity did to their corporate image, and something extra to encourage the Brady bunch to operate in a more ethical fashion. You know, punitive damages.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    that's what i am hoping. like the luckygunner thing in colorado, iirc.

they went after the ?plaintiff? and won for their court costs.

i would guess that each state is different about what happens when a plaintiff looses. maybe a legal type can confirm.

Time to sue the sponsors of the lawsuit for frivolous and malicious prosecution. Any responsible lawyer would know going in that they had no grounds to sue Cabela's.

Cabela's needs to sue to recover their legal fees and costs, the damage the publicity did to their corporate image, and something extra to encourage the Brady bunch to operate in a more ethical fashion. You know, punitive damages.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I read the complaint it sounds like their entire lawsuit is based around the fact she was supposedly in regular contact with someone by cell phone and text while in the store. I think about half the people you see in any retail stores these days are in regular contact with people by cell phone and text as they're shopping . Oh and she was running up and down the aisles. I'm not sure how running up and down the aisles has anything to do with making a straw purchase. Maybe it's one of those secret techniques the gun control groups know about that no one else seems to have ever heard of. Sounds like nonsense to me. But it helps serve to intimidate big corporations from being in the firearm business.

Well, Cabela's obviously should have hired a mind reading psychic to work behind the gun counter. To not do so would be crazy.

Postell

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2018

Whats interesting is when a local gun shop turns down a prospective buyer many here get upset at the dealer for not making a sale.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Time to sue all stores for everything!

Grocery stores be in deepdodo... Honey, while yer shopping, could you pick up a extra gallon of Ice Cream? ... I can see it :rolleyes::sad20:

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Reading that story mother of the year right there. Taking 2 year old to a heroin sale. Many other charges and all she is getting is probation. Sickening.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Ohhh it’s an addiction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah its a sickness and a disease so lets pamper her. The straw purchase law should be to protect the gun store. The buyer is asked if they are the buyer and buying it for themselves and no one else. So if the buyer did the straw purchase then sue them. The gun store did not lie or break the law. This is just one example of what puts a burden on gun stores and puts them out of business.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom