• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Yep agreed , That is why i softened my stance a bit . If i win the bid i will honor my responsibility as i signed up for .

More then likely i will have the gun shipped to a local FFL and then take possession of it here .
    Should not be that way but it is . Still not happy about everything , and i still feel like they would sell us down the river for a buck as another member points out .
    I doubt i will ever bid on anther gun , but never say never

If the shop with that rifle was in Utah this wouldn't have been an issue because you'd have planned on having it shipped and pay the transfer when you bid. Since the rifle is close by you thought you might get a nice ride and spend the day with your son and go visit a different gunshop. Win-win. I can understand the frustration. It'll all work out in the end. I feel the same way when they won't honor a C&R for something that clearly is eligible. Just mentally calculate shipping and transfer costs into your max bid and as long as emotion doesn't take over and make you overbid you'll be OK

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Total Free Market , would include unrestricted commerce between individuals accross state lines. . Our current market place is inherently constrained .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Total Overall Big Picture :

While there are free will individuals in key positions , overall , the " Firearms Industry " is at least 85% on our side . The discussion comes at the edges .

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I didn't wade through the entire thread. I do have some experience with some of the things listed at the top of the thread. During the FSA2013 panic, I decided I wanted to get a polymer pistol before having to submit to the HQL, (which later became a non-issue when I re-enlisted in the MD National Guard after a 10 year hiatus) and the store wouldn't release the pistol to me after 7 days - they insisted on holding it until they got the go-ahead from the MSP.

I think that our local gun stores are between a rock and a hard place. Look at it from their perspective - they want to be there for their customers, but at the same time they have to go the extra mile to not run afoul of some weird little technicality in the Maryland code regarding firearms and the sale of firearms.

The missus and I have plans to flee Maryland as soon as we can - she's eligible to retire this year, and I'll be vested in the pension plan where I work in another 4 years, on top of being able to finally retire from military service in a bit less than 2 years. We have simple goals:

1. Move to a place that is friendly to retirees financially
    2. Move to a place with less people and a lower cost of living
    3. Move to a place where I can fully reengage in my shooting hobby and passion
    4. Be within an easy day's drive from Maryland to be able to see family if necessary - that's more for her than me. I've lived 1500 miles from where I grew up for the last 30 years, so I'll literally move anywhere in the lower 48 that meets the first 3 criteria.

50 mile search from me, really good deals can be had for 150K less than these. Thesee have a minimum of 10 acres, some as much as 50.
    www.realtor.com
    2607 Siam Rd, Elizabethton, TN, 37643 | realtor.com®
    View 50 photos of this 3 bed, 3 bath, 2750 sqft. single family home located at 2607 Siam Rd, Elizabethton, TN, 37643 on sale now for $350000.
    www.realtor.com www.realtor.com

www.realtor.com
    145 Elk Wallow Rd, Bakersville, NC, 28705 | realtor.com®
    View 27 photos of this 3 bed, 3 bath, 1575 sqft. single family home located at 145 Elk Wallow Rd, Bakersville, NC, 28705 on sale now for $338000.

www.realtor.com
    508 Skyline Dr, Gate City, VA, 24251 | realtor.com®
    View 36 photos of this 6 bed, 3 bath, 2851 sqft. single family home located at 508 Skyline Dr, Gate City, VA, 24251 on sale now for $279000.

www.realtor.com
    574 Wildwood Flower Dr, Hiltons, VA, 24258 | realtor.com®
    View 79 photos of this 1 bed, 2 bath, 1564 sqft. single family home located at 574 Wildwood Flower Dr, Hiltons, VA, 24258 on sale now for $294500.

www.realtor.com
    119 Hillcrest Rd, Prestonsburg, KY, 41653 | realtor.com®
    View 16 photos of this 3 bed, 2 bath, 2871 sqft. single family home located at 119 Hillcrest Rd, Prestonsburg, KY, 41653 on sale now for $315000.

www.realtor.com
    352 Melinda Ferry Rd, Rogersville, TN, 37857 | realtor.com®
    View 29 photos of this 3 bed, 2 bath, 1596 sqft. single family home located at 352 Melinda Ferry Rd, Rogersville, TN, 37857 on sale now for $299900.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Um, isn't that the "free market" so many people claim provides "efficient" pricing?

Yes, and more or less operating as it should. Factoring scarcity against need, price reflects the bidding between the haves and the have-nots.

Willing buyer, find willing seller.

Meanwhile, manufacturers are operating at capacity. Building greater capacity is inefficient, as capital equipment is quite expensive, and takes time to manufacture. By the time it's up and running, the scarcity issue would have been resolved, either by market production or legislative fiat.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    50 mile search from me, really good deals can be had for 150K less than these. Thesee have a minimum of 10 acres, some as much as 50.
    www.realtor.com
    2607 Siam Rd, Elizabethton, TN, 37643 | realtor.com®
    View 50 photos of this 3 bed, 3 bath, 2750 sqft. single family home located at 2607 Siam Rd, Elizabethton, TN, 37643 on sale now for $350000.

www.realtor.com
    145 Elk Wallow Rd, Bakersville, NC, 28705 | realtor.com®
    View 27 photos of this 3 bed, 3 bath, 1575 sqft. single family home located at 145 Elk Wallow Rd, Bakersville, NC, 28705 on sale now for $338000.

www.realtor.com
    508 Skyline Dr, Gate City, VA, 24251 | realtor.com®
    View 36 photos of this 6 bed, 3 bath, 2851 sqft. single family home located at 508 Skyline Dr, Gate City, VA, 24251 on sale now for $279000.

www.realtor.com
    574 Wildwood Flower Dr, Hiltons, VA, 24258 | realtor.com®
    View 79 photos of this 1 bed, 2 bath, 1564 sqft. single family home located at 574 Wildwood Flower Dr, Hiltons, VA, 24258 on sale now for $294500.

www.realtor.com
    119 Hillcrest Rd, Prestonsburg, KY, 41653 | realtor.com®
    View 16 photos of this 3 bed, 2 bath, 2871 sqft. single family home located at 119 Hillcrest Rd, Prestonsburg, KY, 41653 on sale now for $315000.

www.realtor.com
    352 Melinda Ferry Rd, Rogersville, TN, 37857 | realtor.com®
    View 29 photos of this 3 bed, 2 bath, 1596 sqft. single family home located at 352 Melinda Ferry Rd, Rogersville, TN, 37857 on sale now for $299900.

None of the links take you directly to listing and guess people would have to search for details.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'd say as an update to my original post, we need all the friends we can have right now.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And we can't forget the late Lou 45 , who through his position in the MdLFDA was one of the most ardent 2A advocates in the state .

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    None of the links take you directly to listing and guess people would have to search for details.

Actually I sent it to a friend on the SoMd board, she would like to pull chocks. I copied and pasted from that PM.... if interested whomever has to do some work. :)

W_Donahue

Jul 26, 2014
    I never felt bad for spending my money online as opposed to at LGSs. As far as I was concerned they were never my friend, If you're a long-haired 20 something walking into most gun shops around here you just get hazed by the fudds behind the counter.

Bud's don't judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom