• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    If you're an Amazon user, make sure to contribute to SAF via Amazon Smile.

This. Also get the Chrome extension "Smile Always", it redirects any link you go to on Amazon to the Amazon Smile link so that you don't forget to make your purchases via Amazon Smile. You're literally giving free money to the SAF each time you make the purchases on Amazon that you would have made regardless. There's no reason not to do it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Just because of a loss shouldn't mean we stop supporting SAF, Other cases that would possibly get to SCOTUS could impact us in a favorable way.

We lost a battle. The war isn't lost unless you give up.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Does Maryland have any Second Amendment attorneys?
    The reason Illinois gets a lot of attention is because David Sigale lives there.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Yep, How is that working out for us????

So we should blame and not support the second amendment foundation bc they supreme court refused the MD carry case? They did win Heller and McDonald. They are Currently winning Palmer and so on and so on. Not good enough?

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Notice what Palmer this case, CA 10 day waiting period cases all have in common?
    A SAF lawyer in each state.

Don Kilmer, Alan Gura and Dave Sigale are SAF's main lawyers.

Kilmer is a CA lawyer. Gura D.C. and Sigale Illinois.
    They do cases in other states but getting to Court is a issue.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    One would think that they would be tired of writing checks made out to SAF.

The way the courts have been marking down our wins in terms of rewards I'd say IL won't care much about the money. The embarrassment probably hurts them more than the actual cash.
    I'm curious what their defense will be. The only thing I can see is a weak argument about people in other states "slipping through the cracks" and being otherwise eligible to get an IL CCW because their states' NICS reporting isn't what IL wants it to be.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    So we should blame and not support the second amendment foundation bc they supreme court refused the MD carry case? They did win Heller and McDonald. They are Currently winning Palmer and so on and so on. Not good enough?

Not blaming them, just frustrated... I do donate on a regular basis... As for as winning; "it seems for every 2A court ruling we get in our favor, the government finds a new way to side step the court ruling or get a stay of the new court ruling that drags on forever"...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As others have pointed out, the speed of 2A litigation has been relatively fast in comparison to civil rights legislation of the past.

I would guess that the people who fought segregation and other civil rights violations (ie poll taxes) were frustrated too.

The point is they didn't give up.

We shouldn't either.

Hang in there. Our cause is just.

Last edited:

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Not blaming them, just frustrated... I do donate on a regular basis... As for as winning; "it seems for every 2A court ruling we get in our favor, the government finds a new way to side step the court ruling or get a stay of the new court ruling that drags on forever"...

And that's the governments fault not SAF

rlc2

Nov 22, 2014
    left coast
    +1. Sometimes I wonder if the NRA or SAF bashers arent actually anti-2A trolls.

Not saying you are, fred, but when you consider the longer trend, especially in CCW, it helps to keep short term losses in context.
    Read "The Rise of AntiMedia" for a scholarly review of the why and how of sucesses and obtw, history of NRA roots.

Now at Amazon on kindle for $9.99.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    +1. Sometimes I wonder if the NRA or SAF bashers arent actually anti-2A trolls.

Not saying you are, fred, but when you consider the longer trend, especially in CCW, it helps to keep short term losses in context.
    Read "The Rise of AntiMedia" for a scholarly review of the why and how of sucesses and obtw, history of NRA roots.

Now at Amazon on kindle for $9.99.

If anyone believes I am a NRA or SAF basher, they either don't know me or can't understand what they read... As for as NRA history--been an active member for most of my life since the mid 1960's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom