• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    I know I'm not crazy....

When Federal introduced the Syntech, I distinctly remember them having a giveaway. It was to the tune of 1000 rds for winning a USPSA match (I think Lvl 2 or 3) and 500 rds for winning a class (given x amount of competitors.) For the life of me, I can't find anything relating to it now. It's like the internet swallowed it up. Anybody have a link to that or remember it? I need to go through my old paper magazines next.

Also..., I just bombed the classifier match cause I tried to shoot too fast, so I realize I suck too much to win a bunch of ammo..., but, It's nice to dream.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I think most people bomb all classifier matches. People tend to go for it a bit, I don't even really think of them as a match honestly. Although I also tend to just skip them now, I'm cool with my classification so I don't see the point.

For the free ammo I never saw that. I do have a case of 40 to try I just haven't yet.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    So, I found it in USPSA’s magazine tonight. There was a catch in the fine print. You have to win the match using the syntech to win the syntech.

I thought that part would be obvious. All the contingency programs require that, they want winners using their product to help sell more product. They aren't going to just give you free stuff for winning.

If you reload Blue Bullets has a contingency program too you can find the details on there web page.

You can make some real money shooting Walther right now with their program.

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Like I said, I'm at zero risk of winning anything..., but a man can dream, can't he. lol. I won a Glock at a match one time just for showing up, and another time I got a pretty sweet go bag... so now I have the unrealistic idea that I can walk away from these things with something. Thanks for the tip on the BB and Walther. I'll look into them.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    so what's the skinny on syntec? + & - vs federal american eagle 9mm 124 & 147g for uspsa and the like? does seem a couple of bucks a box more expensive.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Like I said, I'm at zero risk of winning anything..., but a man can dream, can't he. lol. I won a Glock at a match one time just for showing up, and another time I got a pretty sweet go bag... so now I have the unrealistic idea that I can walk away from these things with something. Thanks for the tip on the BB and Walther. I'll look into them.

Well you have me beat, in all the matches I've been to I've never won a gun. Typically I win a sweat 22 lbs recoil spring for a 1911 that I'll never use. :cool:

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    so what's the skinny on syntec? + & - vs federal american eagle 9mm 124 & 147g for uspsa and the like? does seem a couple of bucks a box more expensive.

My understanding is it's loaded to make PF and uses some type of heavy coated bullet to make them more affordable. They seem fine, but I've only shot a hand full in the test range at A8 last year. I have a case of 40 that I got for free, I think they are 205 gr. but I haven't shot them yet. I'm thinking about saving them for a major when I don't feel like loading ammo.

I have heard of a few guys not making major with the 45 stuff.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    so i bought some of the syntech .40 205g and used it at thurmont uspsa yesterday. worked perfectly in my sti edge with brazos tuned mags and mbx mags. i've been using atlanta arms reloads til now and they also have worked perfectly, but the syntech is a little cheaper and on paper (205g vs 180) should shoot a little softer. i'm not good enough to tell the diff... just bought two 500-round 'cases' from brownells, they're about the cheapest and today have $45 off $375 and free ship.

btw federal has a promo where they will send you one of their shirts/jerseys if you buy $250 of the syntech. i'd much rather get cash back but free is free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom