• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    As the subject and his role implies, he was arrested:

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/se...-evidence-claim-of-obstruction/#axzz5lIVRhrrP

Great man on a holy path; at least I hope I read that right.

Although I can't say it's a path I will take, I certainly appreciate the man's conviction. Also this is the first I have heard of the notion of 1st and 2nd Amendment "Auditors," is this a new thing?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Reminds me of Jeff (Rack&Roll) at the NRA.

Know the limits the law allows, and walk the fine line. It keeps the Free Space open for the rest of us. Someone needs to remind Authority that limits exist, and to show them where the limits are.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    no matter what, do what the nice policeman says,

100 percent agree.

The article does imply that is what he did and that he has a history of doing this while filming himself as he complies. I looked for Richard Hubbard videos but I wasn't able to find any here and appears to be another incident with someone with that name so my google-fu is getting drowned out by chaff.

I of course give the officers involved the benefit of the doubt.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Reminds me of Jeff (Rack&Roll) at the NRA.

Know the limits the law allows, and walk the fine line. It keeps the Free Space open for the rest of us. Someone needs to remind Authority that limits exist, and to show them where the limits are.

He was who I was thinking of too.

R&R always fighting the hard fight(s) so others like me, can enjoy their freedoms.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    100 percent agree.

The article does imply that is what he did and that he has a history of doing this while filming himself as he complies. I looked for Richard Hubbard videos but I wasn't able to find any here and appears to be another incident with someone with that name so my google-fu is getting drowned out by chaff.

I of course give the officers involved the benefit of the doubt.

Correction: Google is obfuscating the story with chaff.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    someone did it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKtkefEcDQY

Then the Auditor presented:
    Watch Delegate Smigiel use this video during testimony in Annapolis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR541Ea9n70

Yeah, Mike Smiegiel did it. After informing local police of his intentions, and doing this in a town far from the centers of MD progressivism.

It's perfectly legal, until it's not. Creative police and prosecutors will make sure you're punished for your effrontery, unless you're a lawyer who is also a Maryland state politician, in a town which falls in his electoral district.

Which is not to take away from the actuality, but it was buffered significantly.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

This is a breakdown on all sides.
    A 2a proponent who wanted attention and (maybe) ignored police instructions

A police department who are more concerned with their authoritay being respected than assessing the subject of a call and determining a threat, and not knowing the law

And a populace that is so ignorant of the law that seeing a man with a gun but not a uniform is a reason to push the panic button.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    What's even weirder is that carrying rifles will become legal in November, so it's almost like if he was trying to bring attention it being illegal to carry a rifle by carrying something that looks like a rifle but is classified as a pistol, it's already been addressed.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    What's even weirder is that carrying rifles will become legal in November, so it's almost like if he was trying to bring attention it being illegal to carry a rifle by carrying something that looks like a rifle but is classified as a pistol, it's already been addressed.

Perhaps, but the article claims that what he does/ did was well researched and already legal. The article goes on to imply that his motivation was to point out the local police's lack of understanding of the law, or their refusal to honor those laws. But perhaps you're right, it was illegal what he had done by that state's standards and he was attempting to gain standing for a 2A infringement case against that state.

IMO the article wasn't well written though, so perhaps I got it wrong and if that is the case I apologize.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Perhaps, but the article claims that what he does/ did was well researched and already legal. The article goes on to imply that his motivation was to point out the local police's lack of understanding of the law, or their refusal to honor those laws. But perhaps you're right, it was illegal what he had done by that state's standards and he was attempting to gain standing for a 2A infringement case against that state.

IMO the article wasn't well written though, so perhaps I got it wrong and if that is the case I apologize.

The way I read it was he carried something that looks like a rifle, but it actually classified as a pistol, which is legal to OC, but rifle OC will become legal on Nov 1st 2019.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    A police department who are more concerned with their authoritay being respected than assessing the subject of a call and determining a threat, and not knowing the law

And a populace that is so ignorant of the law that seeing a man with a gun but not a uniform is a reason to push the panic button.
    So true.

Attorneys are cashing in on these obscure laws though, so the elected attorneys will continue to make convoluted laws that need another attorney to decipher for the common citizen. and LEOs are not even positive about right and wrong in this regard. Sgt. Pope.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    The way I read it was he carried something that looks like a rifle, but it actually classified as a pistol, which is legal to OC, but rifle OC will become legal on Nov 1st 2019.

This. He had an AR pistol which the local PD did not understand was NOT a rifle. I didn’t see the YouTube video linked in the post#1 article. Here it is:

https://youtu.be/N6abOriPfgc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp

This. He had an AR pistol which the local PD did not understand was NOT a rifle. I didn’t see the YouTube video linked in the post#1 article. Here it is:

https://youtu.be/N6abOriPfgc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right, I did catch that part, sorry if I wasn't clear. To me what he did was to grandstand (I don't necessarily mean this in a negative way) the fact that the Police Department wasn't aware of the semantics involved with a Pistol AR versus a Long Rifle AR definition. He seems to be very astute with the law and knows what it it takes for the Police Department to take his bait, although I am not sure if this is a positive thing for our cause - I'm still on the fence about.

I believe that these types of episodes could be a positive if applied well, but being a Cop is a tough job and all it takes is one mistake and two people will have had both of their lives ruined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom