• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Florida_11B

Jun 10, 2016
    I currently have a Granite Security 24 gun safe. So today i had the great idea of installing a dehumidifier in my gun safe at home. Job went off without a hitch and the dehumidifier was working great. Success right?? well it didn't reopen when i went back to it today. I have had it for about a year now so when the lock didn't disengage I assumed it was the battery right.....WRONG!!!! I swapped it out with an energizer which is what the manufacturer recommends and still nothing. So after i managed to finagle the thing open by placing pressure on the handle(Something I have never had to do), i pulled the panel off and nothing looked out of place. Well moral of the story is that i installed the dehumidifier right under the door which is where i thought it would be good and when the locking bolt went down, it placed some tension on the bolt and would not unlock without pressure on the handle.

hour later and 6 batteries, the safe is fixed. Just so you all know and can laugh at my misfortune, don't install a dehumidifier under the door and make sure the bolts are clear. I have been sweating bullets for the last hour until it was fixed.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'll piggy back to make you feel better.

Upon college graduation I was given a Benelli SBE2. I cleaned it and took it apart for a goose hunt. I was so excited to use this new beautiful gun. The bolt dropped and all 5 parts fell out and I had ZERO clue what to do. I immediately drove the the old gun rack in burtonsville only to find out their hours suck worse then a midnight cops. Thankfully the manual had the schematics and it was easy to put back together but for at least 2 hours I thought I broke my brand new 1600 dollar shotgun. I had dirty underwater at that moment.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'll piggy back to make you feel better.

Upon college graduation I was given a Benelli SBE2. I cleaned it and took it apart for a goose hunt. I was so excited to use this new beautiful gun. The bolt dropped and all 5 parts fell out and I had ZERO clue what to do. I immediately drove the the old gun rack in burtonsville only to find out their hours suck worse then a midnight cops. Thankfully the manual had the schematics and it was easy to put back together but for at least 2 hours I thought I broke my brand new 1600 dollar shotgun. I had dirty underwater at that moment.

Then, you realized it is a Benelli and pretty much indestructible. Had no idea you are a hunter.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Ever forget to put a plug in your gun for waterfowl hunting and have to disassemble in the dark and jam a corn stalk in there repeatedly to figure out correct length. Lol we all make mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Then, you realized it is a Benelli and pretty much indestructible. Had no idea you are a hunter.

Used to be a big hunter. Now it's birds only twice a year and I let me nephew kill all the deer. Him and my niece are great hunters.

Ever forget to put a plug in your gun for waterfowl hunting and have to disassemble in the dark and jam a corn stalk in there repeatedly to figure out correct length. Lol we all make mistake.

Never done that but I have tossed to boat into Tridelphia without putting the plug in. A guy I took calmly said "Hey your boats sinking"

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA

No, I didn't forget to put the plug in, I just forgot to check if it was in the brand new, straight out of the box, 870 Express I was holding on the opening day of dove season, with the game warden walking up the row of corn stalks!!! I'm not sure what I would have done if the fourth shell went in, but I was damn sure fumbling and trying to stuff an extra in. Fortunately, the plug was in the gun from the factory.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    No, I didn't forget to put the plug in, I just forgot to check if it was in the brand new, straight out of the box, 870 Express I was holding on the opening day of dove season, with the game warden walking up the row of corn stalks!!! I'm not sure what I would have done if the fourth shell went in, but I was damn sure fumbling and trying to stuff an extra in. Fortunately, the plug was in the gun from the factory.

lol - I always try to get that 4th shell into the gun before taking to the field. I used to take the plug out of my SBE when I was deer hunting and then I would swap back over to waterfowling after deer season. Thing is, it is really easy to get the plug in and out of the SBE. Really easy to check if it is there by trying to shove 3 shells into the mag.

I've seen people get cited for not having the gun plugged. It SUCKS.

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    My safe had a "fail to open" day a couple of years ago. That is truly a terrifying thing. I called the manufacturer and they had a suggestion that finally worked. The only alternative would have been a locksmith breakin.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    My safe had a "fail to open" day a couple of years ago. That is truly a terrifying thing. I called the manufacturer and they had a suggestion that finally worked. The only alternative would have been a locksmith breakin.
    I had a similar problem and assumed it was a battery issue. I replaced the battery and still had intermittent problems. Then I discovered that the battery box, which snaps in place under the keypad, was not seating completely. While I'm waiting for the part I can put light pressure on the box and avoid the problem. Definitely had a few anxious minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom