• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I know it may be too soon, but I was wondering if anyone either owns or has personal experience with the Griffin Armament Optimus silencer?

Also, are there any other vendors who offer something similar (i.e., a single silencer that's designed for both sidearm and rifle calibers and is disassemble-able for cleaning)?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I would take into consideration the mounting options if you have other cans. That would play a huge part of the decision for me. In my case, I would get a Hybvrid since I can use it on other hosts since I have the mounts. It's nice being able to switch the cans easily. Now, of course if the Griffin is screw on or has the same mounting options, then never mind...... I don't know anything about them.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Now, of course if the Griffin is screw on or has the same mounting options, then never mind...... I don't know anything about them.

The Optimus comes with a standard screw-on mount, but a tri-lug mount is an option.

I've been vacillating over whether to get one, but I think I'd best take the plunge while I can still do it through my trust before President Affirmative Action's latest infringement on our Bill of Rights takes effect in June.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The Optimus comes with a standard screw-on mount, but a tri-lug mount is an option.

I've been vacillating over whether to get one, but I think I'd best take the plunge while I can still do it through my trust before President Affirmative Action's latest infringement on our Bill of Rights takes effect in June.

Yea I hear you. Been contemplating that too.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The Silencerco Hybrid does all of your requirements except for that it's not user serviceable. https://silencerco.com/silencers/hybrid/

Other than that, I'm not sure. The whole user serviceable thing is kind of the ace in the hole for the Optimus right now.

Because of that, it is good for .22 as well. The Griffin is good for 9mm pistol or up to 300 win mag.

The Silencerdo Hybrid is no beuno for .22. But it is good for .45 and up to .338. It also uses the same ASR mount as my Specwar. Which is very nice.

It really depends on what calibers you want to suppress. I think a Hybrid and a dedicated .22 suppressor would be a good combo.

If you can get only one. I would get the Griffin.

BTW the Optimus was released in Nov 2015. I think it will be a couple of months before anyone actually takes possession of one.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    The Silencerdo Hybrid is no beuno for .22. But it is good for .45 and up to .338. It also uses the same ASR mount as my Specwar. Which is very nice.

It really depends on what calibers you want to suppress. I think a Hybrid and a dedicated .22 suppressor would be a good combo.

Yup.

I have an Octane 9HD in jail right now that's my first can. I want to add a rifle capable can and a rimfire can to that in the next six months, rifle can first (since I can technically use the Octane for rimfire stuff).

I had been looking hard at the Silencerco Omega for the rifle can, but the Hybrid offers some advantages over that, and the Optimus also. So many good choices!

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I had been looking hard at the Silencerco Omega for the rifle can, but the Hybrid offers some advantages over that, and the Optimus also. So many good choices!

The hybrid mounts to rifles using the ASR mount. Which is really hard to beat. However, with the Hybrid you have to buy all the mounts individually. The Griffen comes with most of the mounts you need.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The hybrid mounts to rifles using the ASR mount. Which is really hard to beat. However, with the Hybrid you have to buy all the mounts individually. The Griffen comes with most of the mounts you need.

The ASR and 45 cal is what appeals to me. I got 22 covered....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom