• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    "We're also trying to close a loophole that has been developing over the last decade where now people are using cut-out trusts and shell corporations to purchase the most dangerous weapons—sawed-off shotguns, automatic weapons, silencers....and don't have to go through background checks at all. And we don't know whether these sales're goin' to....ah, ya, drug trafficers....ah, ya, ah....we don't know who's purchasing those right now, so what we're saying is, "You know what....ah, ya, ah....that is something that we gotta do somethin' about...."

Listen to the pratt yourself....go to 18.50:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    You would think that whomever they sent from the ATF to brief him could have gotten those talking points corrected.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    You would think that whomever they sent from the ATF to brief him could have gotten those talking points corrected.

It wouldn't've mattered....he was speaking off-prompter.
    The other pratt is the NRA for missing a silver platter opportunity to expose this ignorant rube for what he is.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    It wouldn't've mattered....he was speaking off-prompter.
    The other pratt is the NRA for missing a silver platter opportunity to expose this ignorant rube for what he is.
    They were given the opportunity to present ONE pre-screened question... would it really have mattered? I don't blame em for not showing under those circumstances.. :rolleyes:

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    They were given the opportunity to present ONE pre-screened question... would it really have mattered? I don't blame em for not showing under those circumstances.. :rolleyes:

Do you have a link for this? I figured they didn't show for a reason such as this but hadn't seen anything about it. None of the questions seemed random and neither were the people there. All the pro gun questions he seemed to talk around and not answer and he completely avoided Anderson's conspiracy question.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Megyn Kelly had the NRA-ILA rep on the other night after the 'town hall' and he was the one that said they declined based on those terms... not really much of a debate and I'm surprised that they even let some of those in to ask questions as they did... lol

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Yeah, no background check at all... That's why it takes anywhere from 4- 11 months to receive the stamp. And I'm sure every drug dealer around has stacks of forms in the pipeline. LIAR! But that's what we have come to expect, I suppose. :sad20:

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013

True, but all of the guests were offered the same option and most responded with additional questions. I'm fairly certain that if NRA had arrived with Newt Gingrich, Ted Cruz, Emily Miller, et al, PAA's monologues of ignorance, lies and subterfuge and would've been exposed and corrected several times over.

In any case, were I Chris Cox, I'd be making an appointment with Fox News to broadcast a more credible gathering for broadcast soon.;)

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I would have loved Ted Nugget to have been there lol

I thought of him, too. But he always sticks his cat scratched feet in his mouth, ending up coming across as a rabid zealot. And I think it's best to leave zealotry to the other side.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom