• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Surefire X300u/a.

1000 lumens to help defeat photonic barriers, surefire reliability, Ua attachment attaches easy to polymer frames without bending the frame causing the slide to get bound if you were to over tighten the Ub. Battery life is longer than most competitors. And surefire customer service is excellent if you need it.

Also holster selection for the X300u models is widely available.

The other option would be a streamlight TLR1 HL but I went with surefire.

Modlite is about to release a WML that looks promising as well with an X300 profile to minimize adding additional support gear if you’re going from a U boat to it by being able to use X300 WML holsters. Particularly, the Safariland 6xxx series.

I would avoid Olight WML’s as their track record for reliability isn’t exactly great and has been noted in detail if you search around for anecdotal reports other than bubba online.

Also consider a high quality hand held over a WML.. Or at least in conjunction with a WML as they are more versatile for providing illumination, safely.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I prefer no lights as I do not want to give away my position. The invaders will carry their own lights to give away their position. So my light is the muzzle flash as it will be the last light they see.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I prefer no lights as I do not want to give away my position. The invaders will carry their own lights to give away their position. So my light is the muzzle flash as it will be the last light they see.

So get a weapon light that has an on/off switch.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I think people are confusing terms.
    There's a difference between a home invasion and a burglar sneaking into your house.
    A couple intruders bashing into your house running for you, you have no time for anything other than getting a weapon, leveling it and waiting for the attack. It's ok to have a light on.

When you wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, do you use a light? Why do you need a light to go sneaking around to search for a noise?

You'll need a light for something at some point. If you're going to use a light, might as well turn on the lights as you are walking through the house, because a burglar WILL hear you walking around. You might as well blow your night vision so you don't get stunned by his light(if he has one) and shines it in your face.
    You don't "own the dark" by using lights.
    People are delusional if they think they can raise a weapon, light it up, identify it, and get an effective shot off on a threat in front of them already drawn down on them.
    An armed burglar laying in wait for you has the advantage. So why wouldn't you lay in wait in a secure position and have the advantage? Doesn't make sense. Unless you have to go round up children, then you should be immediately hauling ass to get them and not BSing around playing sneaky Pete.

I'm sorry, but a 300 dollar WML doesn't give you any advantage if you don't know when and how to utilize it.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    This!
    TD

I think people are confusing terms.
    There's a difference between a home invasion and a burglar sneaking into your house.
    A couple intruders bashing into your house running for you, you have no time for anything other than getting a weapon, leveling it and waiting for the attack. It's ok to have a light on.

When you wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, do you use a light? Why do you need a light to go sneaking around to search for a noise?

You'll need a light for something at some point. If you're going to use a light, might as well turn on the lights as you are walking through the house, because a burglar WILL hear you walking around. You might as well blow your night vision so you don't get stunned by his light(if he has one) and shines it in your face.
    You don't "own the dark" by using lights.
    People are delusional if they think they can raise a weapon, light it up, identify it, and get an effective shot off on a threat in front of them already drawn down on them.
    An armed burglar laying in wait for you has the advantage. So why wouldn't you lay in wait in a secure position and have the advantage? Doesn't make sense. Unless you have to go round up children, then you should be immediately hauling ass to get them and not BSing around playing sneaky Pete.

I'm sorry, but a 300 dollar WML doesn't give you any advantage if you don't know when and how to utilize it.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I personally don't like lights on guns. Major violation of rule #2.

Get a decent flashlight and keep bedside next to firearm and practice.

Just my thoughts

Nobody

Using a WML doesn't mean pointing your muzzle at everything you need to see. It also doesn't mean you have to give up a handheld light(especially if it's a carry gun). Here's examples of me pointing the hot-spot straight out, umbrella lighting, and baseboard lighting. All of the lights are off and it's a new moon... so it was dark AF in my living room. Notice that when the gun is pointed up and down you can still see everything in the room from the splash. For reference, this is with an olight PL2. I wouldn't recommend the pl2 pro, since the magnetic charging and batteries have had some issues with those. The regular pl2 is pretty robust though, except for some getting buzzing noises when on by not bedding the internals with enough goop.

Something to consider is that with a WML, if you have the gun, you have the light. If you're short on time, just grab your gun and you're good. If you have no WML, you've got to get your light and also your gun. I sleep with a olight i5t clipped in my shorts because I'm weird like that, but it may be a pain the the arse to track down where you left your light if you're not an extreme creature of habit.

For carry, a handheld light is basically mandatory. If you're walking through a parking lot or around an alley, you're not going to draw your gun to see what's in the shadows. A handheld will be your primary means of situational awareness. However, if you do need to draw your gun, a WML is MUCH easier to use while using your gun.

Attachments

• 20170625_214410.jpg
      20170625_214410.jpg
      27.3 KB · Views: 208
    • 20170625_214422.jpg
      20170625_214422.jpg
      33.6 KB · Views: 205
    • 20170625_214449.jpg
      20170625_214449.jpg
      32.6 KB · Views: 205

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Olight mini 2. Have one on my G21 and my G17. Haven’t bashed them in to things hard, but zero issues.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    One thing to point out is lights that extend past the muzzle tend to collect more GSR than ones that end behind the muzzle. They’ll both get some on it and you’ll need to clean the lens periodically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom