• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    About school boards, etc. They always say they need more money to do this and to do that. They will never tell you how much is enough. So, Hogan should call them on it and ask them how much is enough. They will not give an answer because if they did, they would be on the hook for that and cannot come crawling back asking for more money. The Monkey County school system pay is like an upside-down triangle. No money goes to the bottom and all goes to the top. Diminishing returns. Kids should be MENSA with all the monies coming in to the school system.

The state is required to provide "maintenance of effort", which legislatively increases the funding to schools every year by a minimum of 1%.

The whole idea of education being "cut" is a farce. It is a reduction in the rate of growth in spending.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Public School has turned in to the largest income redistribution schemes in Montgomery County, it is sickening. My kids school "in Potomac" costs 30-50% less per pupil then those schools a bit east of us. Half those families are on the dole, let alone paying any taxes. The more money per student does not correlate to test scores. At half the cost per student, our kid's school ranks in the upper scores.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The interesting thing about schools and school districts. The state requires them to keep and submit maintenance records of all of their facilities, but over 80% of the school districts haven't submitted those records for over 3 years. Why is that? So instead of asking the state for monies to maintain what they have, they complain that what they have is falling down and they need to build new facilities.

I think it's time, in addition to complaining to our legislature about our firearms rights, we need to start complaining to our respective County Boards of Education about their fiscal responsibility and what they are doing with our tax dollars. I'm not a paren, but I still pay for what the schools are wasting, how many other people on this board fit that category?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Regardless of how he got elected, I'll take it. I'm just grateful the margin was great enough that the Stalinists couldn't steal this election. Like others, I'm not particularly hopeful for the long-term future, but you never know. A sitting politician of any party has a lot of advantages, so who knows how politics could play out in four years.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Regardless of how he got elected, I'll take it. I'm just grateful the margin was great enough that the Stalinists couldn't steal this election. Like others, I'm not particularly hopeful for the long-term future, but you never know. A sitting politician of any party has a lot of advantages, so who knows how politics could play out in four years.

Good thing he voters around the state can't remember past a week or so. Which means he should do the most difficult things now and no one will remember the pain.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

With the demographics of this state, I was thinking today what a landslide it would have been if we fell in line to the national ones. Brown had a big pool of gimmes

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom