How Do We Legally Store Our Rifles Out Of State If Banned In Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You'll be grandfathered In. No worries. They can't charge you a tax on it either if purchased before the statute, nobody would pay and everyone would sue. They ain't that dumb

No worries? Look at New York.

Survivalman

Jun 11, 2011
    Odenton
    Out of State Relatives

I've contacted out of state relatives that I can trust; it's an option in the event of political disaster. My hope is that the Senate President is more savy that the governor and can read the mood of the populace. There could be down-the-road trouble for the Democrat majorties if they end up forcing something through.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I've contacted out of state relatives that I can trust; it's an option in the event of political disaster. My hope is that the Senate President is more savy that the governor and can read the mood of the populace. There could be down-the-road trouble for the Democrat majorties if they end up forcing something through.

I contacted Obama. Told him to suck my sweaty sack

CraZ4GunZ

MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    In your hands/ in your safe. The state can pound sand. They're not getting mine, I can tell you that. Rather than expend energy trying to find where you can run away to, bring the fight to annapolis and keep them from being banned in the first place.
    http://marylandshallissue.org/joindonate-now/
    + 1000

For those members who don't know the AGC has a mass mailing link setup to contact ALL MEMBERS of the MD General Assembly with one email. Please voice your opinion ASAP.
    Their legislative email subscription link is here:
    (Not sure if I can link to the actual mass email link w/o permission).
    But, here is their legislative page that may steer you in the right direction.;)

Last year we sent out such traffic (372K emails) the sever was bogged down for hours. The message to Annapolis was heard. Unfortunately, this beast never goes away in this backward state.

Last edited:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I got a call from someone in New York yesterday asking if I had room to hold some of his now-evil guns. The state knows he has them. They are not yet regulated in Maryland.

He's driving them down soon.

This sh!t is real, people.

O'Malley is going to have a harder time than Cuomo, but he is pushing lawmakers real hard. We need to push back even harder.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Luckily all of my family is in Texas. Not exactly easy to grab in a hurry, but that is where they will go, shortly followed by myself and my family.

This is getting ridiculously scary. I thought the Constitution was pretty clear and concrete, I can't believe it's only taking 200 years to be turned to toilet paper.

The Libs have enough support nation wide and the Republicans in Washington are too scared of the press to be forceful on the issue. I don't have faith in the courts to do the right thing either.

Seriously, what are we supposed to do? Sure, I'm writing letters and I plan on going to Annapolis, but are there enough Delegates and State Senators to make a difference?

Zanderx

Nov 1, 2011
    Halethorpe, MD
    I have a buddy in NY who's also bringing me his mean looking guns. Problem is if MD gets hit as hard or harder ill have to move mine and his to KY

SSDD

Dec 18, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    I think what was just passed in NY could easily be echoed here. Obviously the goal is to fight and prevent it from happening in MD, but there is nothing wrong with having a plan ready should the worst happen.

My understanding is you can store your property where you see fit as long as there are no laws preventing it's storage where you put it. I would like someone to clarify what you would need to do if you had registered the weapon on MD.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The question to ask.. what happened on the first awb. Did they take the owned guns away? Put people to prison?

So the end if the world i s real and only postponed by couple of months? :confused:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The simplest way is to establish residence in 2 states and simply transfer them to myself in another state.

Pretty sure they will use your state/location of driver's license as your residence ... that pretty much stops anyone from having 2 or 3 state "residence". It works that way already for purchases ... that's why we can't reside both in PA and MD and purchase guns under both state's laws.

The Libs have enough support nation wide and the Republicans in Washington are too scared of the press to be forceful on the issue. I don't have faith in the courts to do the right thing either.
    ..... I plan on going to Annapolis, but are there enough Delegates and State Senators to make a difference?

There are enough undecideds in the MD legislature! MOM wanted the gas tax in the last legislative session and was denied because THE PEOPLE OBJECTED. We can do the same thing IF WE LET our reps know. It is VERY WORTHWHILE to contact your state senator and delegates!

As far as them being replaced by Republicans in the next election ... not likely ... more likely - loose the primary and be replaced by a pro-2A Democrat ... yes, many such animals exist in MD

Federally, both CryBaby and Reid have said they are not interested in national gun grabbing legislation as a top tier issue this month or next, or the next. If Reid isn't on Barry's side ... it aint a done deal in Congress

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    The question to ask.. what happened on the first awb. Did they take the owned guns away? Put people to prison?

So the end if the world i s real and only postponed by couple of months? :confused:

I honestly don't know what happened in 1994, where can I find that out, I've been wondering that for a while now. (Yes I am being serious).

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I got a call from someone in New York yesterday asking if I had room to hold some of his now-evil guns. The state knows he has them. They are not yet regulated in Maryland.

He's driving them down soon.

This sh!t is real, people.

O'Malley is going to have a harder time than Cuomo, but he is pushing lawmakers real hard. We need to push back even harder.

Should we openly tell them in our emails we will not comply?

I often wonder what 1000 or 10000 armed and civil citizens on lawyers mall would look like, similar to this http://youtu.be/ncdXfUAkMUI

This sh!t is real, and it is MORE than F'd up. Yes, I'm fully aware of what my statement entails. I am fully responsible for my hypothetical. No...these idiots and fascists don't have a clue as to our history, nor are they aware of our rights. Is it radical? Yes. Will I make some folks cringe with this question? Yes. But it needs to be asked.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Should we openly tell them in our emails we will not comply?

I often wonder what 1000 or 10000 armed and civil citizens on lawyers mall would look like, similar to this http://youtu.be/ncdXfUAkMUI

This sh!t is real, and it is MORE than F'd up.

Don't tell them we won't comply ... its too soon for that ... tell them YOU DON"T WANT ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS!

ITS WORTH THE TIME & EFFORT TO DO!

If there is no new law, there is nothing new to comply with or not

10,000 voters looking for a more pro-2a candidate scares them more than any physical threat ... (which can and will get you tracked down and arrested!)

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Don't tell them we won't comply ... its too soon for that ... tell them YOU DON"T WANT ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS!

ITS WORTH THE TIME & EFFORT TO DO!

If there is no new law, there is nothing new to comply with or not

10,000 voters looking for a more pro-2a candidate scares them more than any physical threat ... (which can and will get you tracked down and arrested!)
    I understand that...but if they hear it that these laws are viewed as usurpation of their power, it takes their power away from them.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    The best threat we can make is the one every politician fears: becoming an EX-politician.

It never hurts to remind them that they have to ask our permission to pass laws and infringe our rights/freedom, not the other way around. We aren't Europe. They serve at our pleasure. Given events in New York, those in Annapolis need to be reminded of that more than ever.

Matt

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    My letters basically say "I do not support any more restrictions on my Second Amendment rights. I vote, and I will not vote for any candidate that does support more restrictions. I am a gainfully-employed taxpayer who has never taken a penny in government handouts, and I will leave Maryland and take my tax dollars with me if any more restrictions become law in Maryland."

I think that makes it clear they won't get the two things out of me they want: My vote and my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom