• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JChad12

Dec 11, 2020
    Upper Marlboro
    Tired of the long waits at MSAR and them checking my ammo (lol).

Does anyone have land they are able to shoot on (can pay) or know of a range that isn't crazy with the wait times?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Anyone with private range facilities , it's a matter of them deciding to invite you , than you seeking them from scratch .

Right now all open to public facilities are having heavy demand . Best bet is to avoid weekends .

Some facilities offer reservations , people will likely chime in , or start a new thread specifically on that .

You may have to travel , and consider your personal calculus for waiting time vs travel time .

And for a final plug ; MSI membership gives you access to join the Huge range facilities at AGR in Marriotsville .

Lane Meyer

Jul 20, 2020
    Cecil County
    And for a final plug ; MSI membership gives you access to join the Huge range facilities at AGR in Marriotsville .

Thanks. I didn’t realize this was the case. Been meaning to join MSI anyway but that’s a nice perk. I assume one still has to purchase the AGC badge.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Anyone with private range facilities , it's a matter of them deciding to invite you , than you seeking them from scratch .

Right now all open to public facilities are having heavy demand . Best bet is to avoid weekends .

Some facilities offer reservations , people will likely chime in , or start a new thread specifically on that .

You may have to travel , and consider your personal calculus for waiting time vs travel time .

This. I've been at AGC for years. Switched clubs last year and joined MSI. No waiting at AGC

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I sent inquires a few months back, never received a response.
    No rifle or shotgun?

No rifle or shotgun. (They allow sighting in a shotgun, under some specific circumstances, IIRC)
    I wouldnt expect a reply. Its a great range for pistols, I have a member friend, and we have always been the only people on the pistol range, except for someone leaving as we showed up, or showing up as we were leaving.

You have to go to the meeting, its on the first Mon, or Tues of each month, sorry don't remember exactly. Then you do the paperwork, and the following meeting, you become a member.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Southern Lancaster County Farmer-Sportmen’s Association multiple ranges out to 300 yds. many club activities. They will be accepting new members after the first of the year, scroll down for membership information.
    https://www.slcfsa.org/

J Beard

Deplorable Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    I sent inquires a few months back, never received a response.
    No rifle or shotgun?

As johnny5k said meetings are first Monday of the month, attend 2 in a row to get voted in.
    Shotgun is slug sighting in for hunting season only, with restrictions.
    Rifle is rimfire only
    Where are you located?
    PM me and I can give you a tour if you like.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I host guests out at my farm from time to time. I allow progressive ranged shots. I don't want people starting off at 500yards then shooting into the neighbor's property because they weren't zeroed etc etc. I don't mind steel case ammo, but steel core ammo is no go because it jacks up the gongs. No tracer/incendiary rounds because, only you can prevent forest fires. Etc etc.

I had to ask someone to not smoke weed while shooting... "it's medicinal". Its because of this, and other reasons that there are now inspections... I'm assuming there are similar reasons at other places.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I host guests out at my farm from time to time. I allow progressive ranged shots. I don't want people starting off at 500yards then shooting into the neighbor's property because they weren't zeroed etc etc. I don't mind steel case ammo, but steel core ammo is no go because it jacks up the gongs. No tracer/incendiary rounds because, only you can prevent forest fires. Etc etc.

I had to ask someone to not smoke weed while shooting... "it's medicinal". Its because of this, and other reasons that there are now inspections... I'm assuming there are similar reasons at other places.

*****I'm an RSO and instructor at a private range in MoCo, and I had to kick out a couple of members who were smoking weed at our rifle range. I get the whole medicinal thing - but it's against our SOP and rules. They also had some black powder rifles and powder and other accessories on the same bench which is more than mildly dangerous around open flames including weed, tobacco, crack, crank or whatever people smoke.

I seriously could not believe I'm arguing with a couple of guys regarding smoking weed while shooting and they throw out the medicinal line at me. Ok...... well we don't want you shooting on our ranges if you are taking legally prescribed narcotics either.... or have an open beer on the bench (it's happened...)

They didn't seem happy... guess they just needed to do something to chill out - just not shooting... :rolleyes:

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I have issues with the range at 12th precient. It's a bullseye club for 25yrds minimum. One end of the range has maybe 10 feet of space you can set up your target stand closer. The top sound berm wood is so close and low, you are shooting into the ground and skipping rounds off the concrete strips running horizontal to the range.
    I was there when a so called Instructor had a small group of children shooting and when a kid asked if they could have their targets, he said they didn't have the time for that! Obviously he was very disinterested in the process.
    I understand they have added a rimfire range since and are having a lot of trouble with range damages.
    Haven't been a member for about 3 years but still receiving the newsletter. Your experience may varie. Just my two cents.
    Except for the small bullseye group there are seldom anyone there which is a good thing.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    It is astounding how many people do not realize it is a felony for medical marijuana users to own, possess, or shoot firearms. Having a medical marijuana card means one is a regular user of marijuana. Uncle Sam still does not allow guns and ganja to be a legal lifestyle.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    It is astounding how many people do not realize it is a felony for medical marijuana users to own, possess, or shoot firearms. Having a medical marijuana card means one is a regular user of marijuana. Uncle Sam still does not allow guns and ganja to be a legal lifestyle.

Yes and you will be denied a clearance too, no clearance no job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom