• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The US has 128 cases and 9 deaths.

That number includes people repatriated from other countries with the disease, the actual number of people acquiring the disease within the US or coming back then developing the illness is around 60. See above URL for the numbers breakout.

I have 60 day supply of food for all family members more now that my oldest is away at school. I also have camp stoves portable propane heaters and potassium permagnate for purifying. I have 6- 7 gallon jugs and a water filter that I can pump from the stream down the road a ways it I have to. I have a well with a 1500 gallon storage tank so I think I'm good

KMnO4 is very effective at making water safe from biological problems (bacteria, viruses, protozoa, etc), but does nothing to help against anything else.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    I heard on the news this am that it may get real bad in the Fall ...

as stated up thread, I believe, the 1918 Spanish Flu got its start in early 1917, fizzled out over the summer and took its toll in the fall of 2017/2018 winter.

keep and eye on south of the equator this summer

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    For people with actual medical knowledge... what are peoples opinions about getting the pneumonia vaccine? Its normally recommended for older/sicker people, but it seems like the mortality for this is closely associated with the pneumonia, the vaccine may help with that?

-Corona virus affects very young and elderly worse
    -Corona virus causes upper respiratory infections that can lead to pneumonias
    -Viral pneumonias can further lead to secondary bacterial infections
    -The pneumonia vaccine may help prevent secondary bacterial pneumonias

Vaccines are recommended for many reasons. We should get them

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    -Corona virus affects very young and elderly worse
    -Corona virus causes upper respiratory infections that can lead to pneumonias
    -Viral pneumonias can further lead to secondary bacterial infections
    -The pneumonia vaccine may help prevent secondary bacterial pneumonias

Vaccines are recommended for many reasons. We should get them

Everything I’ve seen indicates this virus is not particularly dangerous to young people including the very young.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Maryland State Labs can now test for the Coronavirus
    https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/maryland-state-labs-can-now-test-for-the-coronavirus
    ...The Maryland Department of Health's labs in Baltimore can now test for the Coronavirus. This means they'll be able to catch and treat people with the virus earlier rather than waiting for the test results from the CDC labs in Atlanta, Georgia. People who are suspected to have the virus may be diagnosed faster through the State Public Health labs in Baltimore.

What we know right now is 9 people have died from the virus in the U.S.

In Maryland, 7 people are being tested. 6 others have tested negative.

There are no cases reported in Maryland...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The data is skewed and will continue to be skewed for a while since it got into a nursing home early. There are 50 more sick folks who are especially vulnerable over there.

The data is skewed in several additional ways. Because of the uncertainty in the testing we don't really know how many people may have or have had mild cases that were assumed to be regular flu or a common cold so do we have a hundred cases or a thousand cases. In addition much of the overall mortality figures are from places where I would not want to get sick because the health care infrastructure is nowhere near what we are used to so probably their mortality figures exceed ours for all kind of things like child birth, injury, etc.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    From CDC

This page will be updated regularly at noon Mondays through Fridays. Numbers close out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting.

Attachments

• CDC as of 03.04.2020.jpg
      CDC as of 03.04.2020.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 251

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    From State of Maryland

Website doesn't say how often they will update the info.

This is a rapidly evolving situation and the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) will provide updates as they become available.

COVID-19 Testing and Confirmed Case Counts in Maryland
    Number of patients tested for COVID-19: 21
    Number of COVID-19 tests pending: 11
    Number of negative COVID-19 tests: 10
    Number of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 cases: 0 ​

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I would say slow roll the prep. A lot of uninformed panic buying right now. By all accounts only high risk are the elderly and infirm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom