• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    Hello, so I'm looking to sell my AR10 upper and lower reciever. Its a mega arms maten set, I was checking it over and there is nothing to identify it as an AR10, except possibly the serial number, on the side it is marked as Cal-multi. Now i know the difference ar15 are lighter, small and hold smaller calibers. But im just trying to make sure that i am within the legal limits of the law to sell it and how i can make sure that someones not going to come back in me saying it was illegal to sell because it can be misconstrued as an ar15...blah blah blah.. hahah..anyways how can i determine if it is infact legal to sell? Now it was registered as a regulated firearm but this was deamed as a mistake by the gun shop owener. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    Hello, so I'm looking to sell my AR10 upper and lower reciever. Its a mega arms maten set, I was checking it over and there is nothing to identify it as an AR10, except possibly the serial number, on the side it is marked as Cal-multi, the box says part# m308-xxxxxxxx, but theres nothing on the reciever that says that, just model-maten and then the serial number. Now i know the difference ar15 are lighter, small and hold smaller calibers. But im just trying to make sure that i am within the legal limits of the law to sell it and how i can make sure that someones not going to come back in me saying it was illegal to sell because it can be misconstrued as an ar15...blah blah blah.. hahah..anyways how can i determine if it is infact legal to sell? Now it was registered as a regulated firearm but this was deamed as a mistake by the gun shop owener. Thanks

Stephen M

Jan 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Sounds like you're looking for more reassurance than just me saying "Not banned by name, not a copycat, so it's cash and carry." So you could write the MSP saying you wish to sell your rifle, and they will (eventually) write back and say it's not banned by name and not a copycat, so you can sell it.

Or, to be even safer, just sell it to a dealer. They can buy MD-banned firearms to sell out of state or to LEO, so even if your AR10 was banned (it isn't), you'd be OK.

*This is all assuming your rifle isn't a copycat (meaning you don't have both a flashhider and grenade launcher on it.)

Feb 28, 2013
    AR-10's was never considered regulated, contrary to the beliefs of some of the stupider gun shop owners 'round these parts. They ain't no copies o' nuthin' on the cool stuff list. You're fine fer sellin' it F2F.

Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    Sounds like you're looking for more reassurance than just me saying "Not banned by name, not a copycat, so it's cash and carry." So you could write the MSP saying you wish to sell your rifle, and they will (eventually) write back and say it's not banned by name and not a copycat, so you can sell it.

Or, to be even safer, just sell it to a dealer. They can buy MD-banned firearms to sell out of state or to LEO, so even if your AR10 was banned (it isn't), you'd be OK.

*This is all assuming your rifle isn't a copycat (meaning you don't have both a flashhider and grenade launcher on it.)
    Okay. I didnt know about the ban by name thing lol and since its only a upper and lower there is def not flash hider or grenade launcher lol

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD
    I would be interestd in buying it. PM me what you are trying to get for it and where you are located. As stated above this rifle would not be regulated but if you are leary your best bet is FFL sale or transfer. Depending on your location i would be willing to meet you at a FFL of your choosing to do a transfer

Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    I ask the brain trust here, if it was sold as a "regulated firearm" is it now in a different category when he goes to resell it?
    Well i didncall MSP about that. They said that ALOT of firearms have been accidentally submitted as regulated and to just get a bill of sales and keep it in my records or mail it to them and theyll attach it to the 77r to notify that it qas a mistake to register it as regulated and that it has infact been resold

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If the lower receiver has a magazine well the size of Texas then it's an AR10.

I don't see how one can be confused with the other.

Alexp08

May 16, 2013

You would be suprised. I took it to a gun shop in WV and they said..and i quote "whats this". I said its an ar10 lower. They said "so its just a bigger reciever for .223" i said no its an ar10 it accepts larger rounds such as the .308. They said oh weve never seen anything like that, we're not interested... -_-

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

:sarcasm:
    This. In the eyes of Maryland legislators, an AR10 is only 66.67% as " assaulty wea-myLittle-pony" (goofy Maryland definition they just made up and put into law making it a legal definition) as an AR15, so it's legal. As long as it doesn't violate the other "copycat" definition they also made up that equally makes no sense. One last thing to keep in mind, the name of the gun is also important, the scarier the name, like "bushmaster" it could also be 'banned', because a "bushmaster" is a very scary snake, so they banned that one by name; you know - to keep the children safe - from snakes with scary names.

Texas sized mag well is AR10, legal.
    Tennessee sized mag well is AR15, generally illegal; unless it's a pistol, or heavy barrel, or purchased before October 2013, unless it's a bushmaster. {crazy eh?}

Welcome to the absurd Idoicracy (see the movie) Maryland gun laws!

Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    This. In the eyes of Maryland legislators, an AR10 is only 66.67% as " assaulty wea-myLittle-pony" (goofy Maryland definition they just made up and put into law making it a legal definition) as an AR15, so it's legal. As long as it doesn't violate the other "copycat" definition they also made up that equally makes no sense. One last thing to keep in mind, the name of the gun is also important, the scarier the name, like "bushmaster" it could also be 'banned', because a "bushmaster" is a very scary snake, so they banned that one by name; you know - to keep the children safe - from snakes with scary names. Welcome to the absurd Idoicracy (see the movie) Maryland gun laws!

Idk, its "mega arms" thats kind of scary hahahaha

Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    Is there a MD approved firearm bill of sale? And is this a 21 and over thing or 18 and over?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As a reciever, it is 21yo, were it assembled into an actual rifle, it would be 18yo .

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    This is the bill of sale that always gets recommended here. There is not a MD specific one.

Attachments

• texas-firearm-bill-of-sale.pdf
      80 KB · Views: 118

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Well i didncall MSP about that. They said that ALOT of firearms have been accidentally submitted as regulated and to just get a bill of sales and keep it in my records or mail it to them and theyll attach it to the 77r to notify that it qas a mistake to register it as regulated and that it has infact been resold

That's great, thanks.

I have a 9mm AR lower that was processed as regulated. I was handed the form by the owner of a local gun shop, that will remain un-named, and I gave a look of "WTH", when an employee give me a high-sign and just played along and filled out the form. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom