• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    My sister has an Obama sticker ON HER CAR. I have taken her shooting many times. She is a volunteer EMT in MoCo.

She is no longer anti-gun and I have seen her stickup for gun rights before.

I try to frame it in the context of gay rights. Gays have a right to be happy and treated equally, and gun owners have that same right. The government has no right to tell either group otherwise. (I know some of you might not like that line of reasoning, but it works surprisingly well on my fellow Democrats).

MicheleM

Feb 13, 2013
    Cecil County
    That's an absolute misrepresentation; and a meaningless distinction, as one could easily say the exact same thing about "Conservatives" when referring to issues of marriage or drug war.

Attack ignorance, attack misinformation, attack bad ideas. Do not attack people personally, because once you do that, they automatically shut you out and will be unwilling to accept a thing you say. Ideology is a delicate, personal thing for people, and if they feel you immediately threatening them, you've already lost a good opportunity.

I don't think it is a misrepresentation. Anytime there is an issue or problem, liberals will instinctively turn to the government to handle the situation.

"They need to make a law" or "Someone should do something about that"

Instead of giving responsible adults the ability to protect those innocent children in schools, they think these proposals will stop the madmen from killing. It's absurd. I've explained to many liberals that criminals and killers don't obey laws. They brush right over that fact and sputter that we don't need "assault weapons".

I agree there are reasonable liberals. It would be nice if more of them would come forward and speak up.

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    I don't think it is a misrepresentation. Anytime there is an issue or problem, liberals will instinctively turn to the government to handle the situation.

"They need to make a law" or "Someone should do something about that"

Instead of giving responsible adults the ability to protect those innocent children in schools, they think these proposals will stop the madmen from killing. It's absurd. I've explained to many liberals that criminals and killers don't obey laws. They brush right over that fact and sputter that we don't need "assault weapons".

I agree there are reasonable liberals. It would be nice if more of them would come forward and speak up.

Well, here's one speaking up, and he doesn't like your collectivizing. Not all liberals are one way, not all conservatives are another. Lots of conservatives just as often say "there should be a law." Against marijuana, against gay marriage, against flag-burning.

And I'd hardly say that authority figures like police officers and school teachers are "responsible adults" that ought to have guns to keep children in place. You have to think about the inherent nature of power like that.

Like I've said, not all liberals are alike. Most of my liberal friends, and myself, are more pro-gun and pro-self-defense than any NRA lifetime member.

MicheleM

Feb 13, 2013
    Cecil County

And this is why the mass murders will continue and all these gun-grabbing measures are nothing more than feel-good attempts:

It’s not realistic that you can be against gay marriage and abortion.”

We have devalued life to the extent that taking the lives of innocent children is approved and paid for by the government. In my opinion, there is a direct correlation.

Thankfully, I raised my kids differently.

mrbunny

Da Bullet go Boom.
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dundalk.
    Well, here's one speaking up, and he doesn't like your collectivizing. Not all liberals are one way, not all conservatives are another. Lots of conservatives just as often say "there should be a law." Against marijuana, against gay marriage, against flag-burning.

And I'd hardly say that authority figures like police officers and school teachers are "responsible adults" that ought to have guns to keep children in place. You have to think about the inherent nature of power like that.

Like I've said, not all liberals are alike. Most of my liberal friends, and myself, are more pro-gun and pro-self-defense than any NRA lifetime member.

Agreed!

The real issues get lost as soon as the broad stroke comments come out from both sides.

As far as abuse of power. Phillip Zimbardo did a study of people in a position of authority in 71. Stanford prison experiment. Interesting read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom