• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Was looking over the two currently registered (R) candidates and not a whole lot of info on their websites.

Jim Fredericks

Seth Howard

There are a few (D) candidates running as well that I currently have not looked at a bit.

Any thoughts on these two guys?

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Seth is the owner of Broadleaf Tobacco on Ritchie Highway in Severna Park. Stop in for a cigar and a chat. Seth is also a former Marine.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I had the pleasure of briefly meeting Seth last Thursday at our monthly board meeting. We didn't get into much, just more of a cursory introduction. I have emailed him some direct 2a questions.

Since this is a completely new seat, I think we need to analyze all of these candidates. Our Dino people can pick the weaker D in the primaries.

Here is all of the info for the candidates:

Legislative District 30B
    Mcnelly, Michael J.
    Democratic

Jurisdiction Anne Arundel
    Status Active -
    Filed Regular - 01/24/14

Email mike@michaeijmcnelly.com
    Website www.michaeijmcnelly.com

Contact Information
    6337 Northbrook Drive
    Dunkirk, MD 20754
    Stephenson, Mitchelle
    Democratic

Status Active -
    Filed Regular - 01/30/14

Email mitchellefor30b@gmail.com
    Website www.mitchellefor30b.org
    Facebook facebook.com/mitchellestephensonfor30b

Contact Information
    3200 Rolling Road
    Edgewater, MD 21037
    (410) 353-4706
    Fredericks, Jim
    Republican

Status Active -
    Filed Regular - 02/19/14

Email fredericksfordelegate@gmail.com
    Website www.fredericksfordelegate.com
    Facebook facebook.com/jimfredericksfordelegate
    Twitter @frederick_4_md

Contact Information
    6391 Solomons Island Road
    Tracys Landing, MD 20779
    (410) 703-2896
    Howard, Seth
    Republican

Status Active -
    Filed Regular - 02/18/14

Email sethfordelegate@gmail.com
    Website sethfordelegate.com
    Facebook sethfordelegate
    Twitter sethfordelegate

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Doh! I thought D-30B House was D-30 on the Senate side. Wow, that is screwy! Sorry about that

Last edited:

duallyjams

Sep 28, 2008
    Deale Md
    Thanks TopShelf. I think that our Senate Candidate is Ed Reilly for District 33 here. He wasn't ranked or listed as he is running unopposed. These new district numbers are too screwy!

Ed Reilly in no longer our Senator John Astle D

Met all the candidates at the Deale VOL FD on Wednesday

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Okay...So now I am lost as to how D33 fits in here. D30 Senate does or does not match up with D30A and D30B House? There is nobody in D30B with a D33 Senate district?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Okay...So now I am lost as to how D33 fits in here. D30 Senate does or does not match up with D30A and D30B House? There is nobody in D30B with a D33 Senate district?

D30 Senate district does match up with D30A and B house. I was mistaken on this.

A small update on our candidates:

Seth Howard- Pro 2a, pro business, pro tax reductions, against minimum wage increase, against common core

Jim Fredericks- Pro 2a, pro business, pro tax reduction. Not sure about minimum wage or common core. He has a career in the AACo police dept. When speaking with him, I got an uneasy feeling about him being in the system for so long.

Michael McNelly never responded to my emails.

Mitchelle Stephenson- Someone that I know personally from my daughters activities. I emailed her a long list of questions that she responded by politely refusing to answer them. She was afraid that her answers could get into the wrong hands and destroying candidacy. I don't mind someone answering me with a different opinion on issues, but to not answer them? She has a strong foothold in the area and I would suggest any din's to vote for McNelly.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    D30 Senate district does match up with D30A and B house. I was mistaken on this.

A small update on our candidates:

Seth Howard- Pro 2a, pro business, pro tax reductions, against minimum wage increase, against common core

Jim Fredericks- Pro 2a, pro business, pro tax reduction. Not sure about minimum wage or common core. He has a career in the AACo police dept. When speaking with him, I got an uneasy feeling about him being in the system for so long.

Michael McNelly never responded to my emails.

Mitchelle Stephenson- Someone that I know personally from my daughters activities. I emailed her a long list of questions that she responded by politely refusing to answer them. She was afraid that her answers could get into the wrong hands and destroying candidacy. I don't mind someone answering me with a different opinion on issues, but to not answer them? She has a strong foothold in the area and I would suggest any din's to vote for McNelly.

Understood, thanks. For D30 AND D30B - I think DINO vote, should anyone in the district choose to go DINO, is to write-in candidate "John Galt"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom