• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Anyone using the Spike's enhanced lower parts kit with the LT battle trigger? Seems like a good deal on a lpk but what do the AR bubbas think? I'm working on my second AR build and am going shopping for the parts now, Spike's Jolly Roger lower in hand. Since it's shifting towards a recce build the trigger is a bigger concern than my previous build but I don't want to break the bank on the fcg alone.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I bought the standard parts kit initially and added the nickel boron FCG recently. Also added a trigger adjuster grip screw and notice a significant difference in the trigger pull weight. I'm not a big fan of the ergo grip in the enhanced lpk which is part of the reason I went the route I did.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I like it, although I don't have much to compare it to (first and only AR). I could do without the ambi safety and probably will change that out soon. It tends to rub too much on my hand when I'm shooting. But other than that no complaints.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I'm happy with my spikes enhanced kit. Too bad the prices went up.

I like both the ambi safety and the ergo grip. I tend to put the safety back on by sweeping my trigger finger back instead of using my thumb, probably a bad technique but it's comfortable. The ergo grip also fits my hand nicely and is very grippy with the rubber they used.

Oh, and the trigger pull is a great improvement over a standard run of the mill trigger, especially when you drop in some JP springs to go with it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Here's my lower parts recipe, sans buffer/buttstock parts:
    1. Spike's Enhanced LPK
    2. JP springs (light or normal, depending on what ammo you shoot)
    3. mch28 trigger adjuster
    4. Magpul BAD

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Here's my lower parts recipe, sans buffer/buttstock parts:
    1. Spike's Enhanced LPK
    2. JP springs (light or normal, depending on what ammo you shoot)
    3. mch28 trigger adjuster
    4. Magpul BAD

If you want spend a little more money the Phase 5 BAD is nice and it is all one piece. :)

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    i used a CMMG lpk, ditched the A2 grip. i polished the hell out of the contact points on the trigger and hammer to a mirror finish. i just dont like the NiB trigger on an all black gun.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I like the Spikes Battle Trigger, but prefer the BAD-ASS and TangoDown BG-17 grip. In my SBR all the "small parts" are Colt, trigger group is ST, KNS Anti-Rotation Pins, MAGPUL Enhanced Trigger Guard, BAD, and so-on.

Frankenbuilds are the way to go, if you know what you're looking for. The ST Enhanced LPK is a good place to start if you want to try it out. :thumbsup:

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Where can you find them? I've been looking for weeks!

We have a small batch of them arriving in the next few days. We'll post up in this thread when we have an official time of release. Due to demand being so high and such limited supply we won't be sending out a newsletter or anything on them. Last batch this size lasted all of 10 minutes.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We have a small batch of them arriving in the next few days. We'll post up in this thread when we have an official time of release. Due to demand being so high and such limited supply we won't be sending out a newsletter or anything on them. Last batch this size lasted all of 10 minutes.

Our batch of Spike's Tactical Enhanced Lower Parts Kits will be released at 2PM EST (1PM CST) on 7/20/12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom