• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    An email I received yesterday...

Worth your time!
    Guess our national leaders didn't expect this, hmm? On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton , Colorado , was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

> They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"> Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

> "The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

> "In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

> I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

> Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
    > Your words are empty air.
    > You've stripped away our heritage,
    > You've outlawed simple prayer.
    > Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
    > And precious children die.
    > You seek for answers everywhere,
    > And ask the question "Why?"
    > You regulate restrictive laws,
    > Through legislative creed.
    > And yet you fail to understand,
    > That God is what we need!

" > Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

> "As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your
    > own heart before casting the first stone!
    > My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"
    Darrell Scott

> Do what the media did not - - let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can.
    God Bless

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member

FYI, snopes and wikipedia are not the final arbiters of truth just because they are one click away on the good ol' intraweb...and interesting how they qualify Mr. Scott's testimony as a rambling opinion devoid of facts and statistics yet the "anti-assault weapons" testimony of Ms. Phillips-Taylor received no such pejorative descriptors. :rolleyes:

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Wow...
    reading the Snopes rebuttal after reading the first post really shows Snopes true colors.
    They don't deny he said it but do their left wing best to margianlize his statements. Sad. :sad20:

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Wow...
    reading the Snopes rebuttal after reading the first post really shows Snopes true colors.
    They don't deny he said it but do their left wing best to margianlize his statements. Sad. :sad20:

I didn't get that at all from reading the rebuttal. It reads to me like they were trying to set the quoted material back to neutral.

I like when things are neutral and I can draw my own opinion based on my own biases. I would have read Mr. Scott's words in just as positive a light as was intended by the person who added the color commentary to the already existing document to incite an emotional and biased response tuned towards us gun lovin' nuts.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I wonder if there is any way to get him to come speak at the Rally.

Why not offer him a plane ticket and a hotel room?

For that matter, invite Suzanna Hupp, of Luby's Restaurant massacre. Bring in as many folks who have been through a situation where gun regulation might have made a difference, and watch Frosh froth. Make sure the media are aware of it. For all their flaws, Fox would eat it with both hands.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I don't say that I don't believe in God without knowing the risk of being ostracized by this fine community. I am maybe lost, confused, or to damn selfish to have religion in my life. I may be an odd duck, but I'm not a old fool. I know that our heritage and traditions along with morals are no small thing to be made unlawful. I understand that the Judeo-Christian teachings are the moral fiber that holds society together. The 10 commandments shaped the foundation of our basic laws. You should know that I hold those things dear in spite of my secularism, least we all get washed down the rat hole of immorality and death.

Three Cheers to Darrell Scott! Who cares where he spoke those words?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I don't say that I don't believe in God without knowing the risk of being ostracized by this fine community. I am maybe lost, confused, or to damn selfish to have religion in my life. I may be an odd duck, but I'm not a old fool. I know that our heritage and traditions along with morals are no small thing to be made unlawful. I understand that the Judeo-Christian teachings are the moral fiber that holds society together. The 10 commandments shaped the foundation of our basic laws. You should know that I hold those things dear in spite of my secularism, least we all get washed down the rat hole of immorality and death.

You do not need to be religious to be spiritual or moral, many on the left believe if you are spiritual or moral you are religious. That is not true we all have heard the stories of Religious leaders that were supposed to embody Spirituality and morality fall by the way side. I myself will say I have not lost faith in God I have lost faith in the church, but as long as I keep my spirituality and morality I know i will end up where I want to be when the part of my existence ends.

Mr H

Banana'd

Well said, sir...

The underpinnings of our society, of general morality, and of our Nation are things we can all be proud of, and should support regardless of our religious affiliation.

I consider myself a "Card-Carrying Agnostic" ;) but fully appreciate the principles which have guided us so well to now.

Too many vocal minorities are putting in their two cents, and getting a full dollar's value out of it from the powers that be, all in the effort to dismantle the traditional structure we have enjoyed (and occasionally suffered with) all these years.

Snopes or no Snopes... regardless of the ill-placed dot and tittle... the concepts projected in the OP remain valid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom