• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I've got some National Match sights coming from a refund with Brownell's and am starting to look for some good 5.56 target ammo. Shooting this from a Spikes lower with a Colt 20" barreled upper if you give a damn....:D

Thanks-:thumbsup:

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    My limited experience with match grade or good ammo. Has been Hornaday ammo. Bit pricey compared to shooting bulk ammo. But the repeatability shot after shot was very good.:)

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Cant complain about PPU 75gr Match HPBT, has worked for me, dun and ammo still better than I am. The 69gr aint bad either

bx1129

Aug 22, 2011
    Unless you are competing at Camp Perry, the PPU 75 is excellent for the money. At around 8 bucks a box they are the best bang for the buck.

Cant complain about PPU 75gr Match HPBT, has worked for me, dun and ammo still better than I am. The 69gr aint bad either

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    barrel twist? assuming 1:7 or 1:8, 77 Sierra Match Kings are the way to go. If you're rolling your own, Berger is now coming out with hybrid bullets, but I think they're starting with the .30's and working their way down. What distances are you going to be shooting? If it's under 300, you won't need the 77's and can go with 69's or even 55's. The price won't be that much cheaper though. You'll need at least a 77 for 600 yards. The AMU just switched back to 77's (Berger 77's) from the 80's...they found that the faster speed of the 77 outweighed any BC advantage of the 80's, printing a full scoring ring higher at 600 (top of the 10 ring versus center X with 80's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom