• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    If your interested in a 22mag I have a Marlin 883 Ive been thinking about letting go . Its blued , bolt action , tube fed and a wood stock . Ive only put 50 rounds through it .I bought it new at The Gun Shop before they moved many moons ago . I havnt touched it in years it could use a new home that will get some use out of it . I was thinking around $200 .

CZ 452 training is below $400. Same as 452 Lux, with Beech stock instead of Walnut.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/976473158/Guns/Rifles/CZ/CZ_452_MILITARY_TRAINING_RIFLE_22_LR.htm

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-452-special-military-training-rifle/

You will love it !!! :thumbsup:

Will look like this Lux, with Beechwood stock.

6005687709_f0fda769b0_b.jpg

I guess I need schooling on the greatness of CZ rifles.
    Please inform me on why they are so much better and perhaps, I'll sell my savage 22 and 17 and pick up CZs.

I think most of the attraction/cost is the fantastic old school workmanship, especially the wood... A lot of handcrafting... As far as accuracy, I gather that they're a little more accurate, but I've been told the action is super smooth out of the box... better stock sights/trigger too I think....

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I'm on a budget too, but that doesn't stop me...LOL
    Told my wife I was going to pick up my .22lr rifle this saturday. Then it occured to me that I didn't have a Glock. So did my research for a few days and then now I'm stuck with a Glock too. What could I do?

seriously, if you really want to spend under $300 dick's sporting goods has .22lr with blued fluted heavy barrel and olive green stock for $249.00.

I still haven't been schooled on the CZs.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Three options I'm considering are the CMP Savage they offer-- Mark II or the CZ and of course Marlin.

I'm going to be sharing this with my kids so I'm leaning away from the CZ as be afraid of them beating it up....and leaning toward the Marlin's because I've never had a problem with any of mine... Funny for as many .22's Marlin has sold, you don't hear much about them....

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    I guess I need schooling on the greatness of CZ rifles.
    Please inform me on why they are so much better and perhaps, I'll sell my savage 22 and 17 and pick up CZs.

Please join us and check out some or our CZs. We'll be meeting @ AGC on Sun, 8/21, from 9am to noon. :D

It's funny to see that men all have an inherent gene that distorts cost.:D I specifically asked for $300 or less and all but one post have steered me right to the $400 plus gun...:innocent0 Our wives just don't understand it......:sad20:

@ $314, you can have CZ452 Training .22lr, http://whittakerguns.com/

:party29:

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Three options I'm considering are the CMP Savage they offer-- Mark II or the CZ and of course Marlin.

I'm going to be sharing this with my kids so I'm leaning away from the CZ as be afraid of them beating it up....and leaning toward the Marlin's because I've never had a problem with any of mine... Funny for as many .22's Marlin has sold, you don't hear much about them....

My 11yrs old son uses his rifle for his Junior shooting program.

My son's 452 Lux (left) and my 452 Lux (right). :D

6018295838_b767f82ae3_b.jpg

First, I was going to share the rifle with him. Then 2 weeks after that, I couldn't resist the temtation and let me son had all the fun, I bought another one for myself.

But for the budget you're looking at, get 452 training .22lr. You'll love it. :D

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I just bought a Savage 93 GL with Accu-trigger in 22 Magnum at Dicks for $239 and a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 scope for $99. I'll be taking it to Hap Baker next weekend to see how it does.

To keep it under $300, I would put on the Simmons 22 Mag 3-9x32 scope which will set you back around $40. It's not a bad scope for a 22, it's just not as good as the Nikon. I originally had the Simmons on my Remington 597 22 Mag but I replaced it with a Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 and put the Simmons on my Savage 64 22 LR.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I had a Mossberg 702 Plinkster....@ $150 and its a great shooter for the $$

I have a Winchester i got for $220 and its agreat rifle, I'll let you shoot it next time we go to Delta

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I was at the Gun Shack in Mt Airy last weekend having a very similar discussion and while I hadn't put a price cap on it yet, I left with the following suggestions:

Savage Model 93, Bull Barrell, Target Crown, Accu-Trigger .22LR $289
    Savage Mark 1, 22LR, Single Shot $249
    Weatherby MarkXXII $869
    Browning TBolt $685

The Weatherby was gorgeous and no doubt would stay in the family for a long time, but the person behind the counter kept raving about the Savage AccuTrigger system.

I've never looked at the CZs and I don't own any of the above but I hadn't seen the savage's mentioned yet. Might be worth a look and they both are below your price ceiling...

FWIW...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom