• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    For those renewing their C&R license lately (like 2020, 2021), are you still leaving "Hours of Operation" blank, without being questioned by ATF?

Also, if I am not changing the Responsible Person, then I would not need to send in fingerprints or photographs. Is this correct?
    Thanks!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    For those renewing their C&R license lately (like 2020, 2021), are you still leaving "Hours of Operation" blank, without being questioned by ATF?

Also, if I am not changing the Responsible Person, then I would not need to send in fingerprints or photographs. Is this correct?
    Thanks!

I've never sent a photo or fingerprints for a C&R, I renewed last fall

Jul 1, 2012
    Exactly, the FFL-03 doesn't require fingerprints or photos.
    The renewal form is "one size fits all" so some questions are only relevant to FFL-01 etc.
    I don't think you can have another "responsible person" on an FFL-03 anyway, but I could be wrong on that.
    As for hours of ops, that's supposed to be the time ATF can contact you so I just put down an hour on Saturday.
    I don't think it really matters, if they want (to contact) you they'll get you, whenever and wherever :)

gem357

MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2013
    SoHoCo
    Renewal notice sent on time

My CR FFL expires 1 August and I was pleasantly surprised to get the renewal notice/application from them the first week in May, about 90 days in advance.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My CR FFL expires 1 August and I was pleasantly surprised to get the renewal notice/application from them the first week in May, about 90 days in advance.

That’s about the lead time I had too. It took them about 75 days as I mailed it back right away...

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

Yeah, it's nearly 3 months for the renewal to go through. I got down to 15 days left on my license before the new one came in the mail. I sent it in the day after a received it in the mail.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, it's nearly 3 months for the renewal to go through. I got down to 15 days left on my license before the new one came in the mail. I sent it in the day after a received it in the mail.

Yup per my above...

If you are thinking of renewing, mail it back right away. Otherwise you'll be asking for the temporary extension letter for them while you wait for your new license. And good luck with anyone online honoring that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom