• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Personally, I love the place. I send everyone that I teach HQL and CCW as a recommendation, only if I could do the live fire there would it be better. I was for a while when they opened; however, got a call saying their lawyers advised against letting outside trainers use their facilities.

Alas, it's still one of the best in the area and for new shooters what I recommend without hesitation.

Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    I took a couple friends there this past weekend, after hearing ads for it on 99.1FM

Holy crap. It was easily the nicest indoor range I have been to, ever.

Walking in it felt like walking into a hotel. We honestly thought we had walked into the wrong part, that the range was a separate entrance or something.

Staff was very polite, easy to talk to, and friendly. Paperwork and fees were done quickly, and the safety lecture was professional and well done.

Note here: while the safety lecture was nothing new to me, it was nice that everyone heard it, so everyone that was back there was on the same page, and understood the same things. I honestly didn't mind the 10 minutes it took, and they answered all the questions my group had easily. It was a nice touch that a lot of ranges (none of the others I've been to) haven't done.

The range itself was awesome. I didn't realize that $30/hour got you eyes and ears and included targets until we got there. We shot a dozen targets and it didn't cost us any extra! That was awesome in and of itself. The touch screens on the lanes were great, as was the facing and timing features, and the lighting. I also feel like there must have been some kind of sound dampening going on, because it was very "quiet" between shooting lanes. There wasn't the concussion or sharpness I get in a lot of other indoor ranges. Also the RSO's being right there was nice, another touch of their attitude towards safety and professionalism.

Overall, it was a hell of a good time, and a hell of a nice place. I would absolutely go back, and have told several other people about it.

It beats any other indoor range worse than Luke Rockhold beat Chris Weidman that night. Not even a contest :party29:

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Stopped by Heritage tonight for a little range time. This still remains one of the nicest places I have been. I ended up talking with one of the guys behind the rental counter for a bit as well, not selling me anything but actually was able to hold a normal conversation. I remember the days of the gun shop where you were intimidated and the people running the places just weren't friendly at all. Then there was to 2013 madness where they were a) too busy and b) nothing available. Most of my experiences just weren't good. Recently it has been better but this place just exceeds all expectations, I hope they continue to do well and I will keep supporting them and other gun shops in the area that treat you well. Hopefully my previous bad experiences are few and far between now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom