Cost to re-blue 12 guage barrel with vent rib??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Can't you don't yourself? I didn't think blueing was hard. I know there is a company on Monument St right off of Pulaski call A-1 Plating. They could probably do it.

Tim Montoya
    Long and Foster Real Estate, Inc
    443-463-3592 cell
    www.allhomes4me.com

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Can't you don't yourself? I didn't think blueing was hard. I know there is a company on Monument St right off of Pulaski call A-1 Plating. They could probably do it.

I think in order for it to be done WELL, the cost of set-up is prohibitive for a hobbyist to do it...

I'm looking at used barrels for a shotgun and they all seem to be in need of a good blue job ( but then again who isn't??:D)....

CapoGreg

Extra mediocre
    Aug 10, 2009
    Aberdeen
    Let me throw DuraCoat out there. You can buy a kit to do it from Brownells. I did it to my 835 a couple years ago, and it was pretty easy. It's a very nice, durable finish and you can get it in different colors.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Let me throw DuraCoat out there. You can buy a kit to do it from Brownells. I did it to my 835 a couple years ago, and it was pretty easy. It's a very nice, durable finish and you can get it in different colors.

Do you have to remove the blueing first to duracoat a barrel? Any pics of that 835 on here?

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    The new (used) barrel I got is not as bad as the pictures looked, so I can sit on it for a while.... Although Numrich failed to mention the barrel was missing the middle bead and that wasn't shown in the pictures on Gunbroker.....:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom