• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I got three of these sweet cases for $12 each, tons more are left. Former movie cases for movie theaters but will be good for pistol. Made by SKB

Attachments

• IMG_8769.jpg
      IMG_8769.jpg
      109.9 KB · Views: 392
    • IMG_8770.jpg
      IMG_8770.jpg
      98.1 KB · Views: 394

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    How's reloading components? Powder and bullets mainly

I didn't really look very closely for reloading components, but I didn't see anything pertaining to them. Did not see a single can of powder on top of a table.

I knew I wasn't going to be very impressed with the firearm selection. Plus, South Carroll Sporting Goods is just down the road from me and I always have that as an option and Brian can usually get me what I want.

My son and I bought nearly matching CRKT knives to remember his first gun show. Both have black blades. His has a black handle. Mine has a green handle.

For some reason, the shows nowadays just aren't what I remember them being back in the 90's and early 2000's. I remember buying my first Ruger 77MKII .300 Win Mag and Burris Signature scope from 3RGunshop back in 1994 at the Frederick gun show, which was the first gun show I went to. It just seemed to be a lot more active and crowded. Then, in 1999, I bought a Ruger 77MKII TGT .220 Swift, Ruger Mini 30, and Ruger 10/22 from 3R Gunshop, but that was at the Upper Marlboro show. Maybe this is the result of the internet. Just way too much can be bought off of the internet nowadays.

My son ran into a friend of his from school, and I was shocked. I never would have thought his father is a gun owner. I have been shocked twice in the past 6 days when I found out people own guns that I never would have thought owned them.

Anyway, it was a good time. I ran into several people I know. Got to "meet" Minuteman for the second time. Had some great conversations and left with some more memories.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah not a lick of reloading stuff.....

Left with 4 ammo cans I don't need...lol...

Spent more time talkin with the couple blacksmith (bladesmiths) that were there. They were actually more enjoyable to me then the show.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Went back today and saw a number of items I would like to add to my collection. Decent prices too! Going to cost me some coin to get all of them!:innocent0

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    I went on Saturday morning. Signed up for MSI and meet Bigfoot at the booth. Also picked up a beautiful reproduction zuave two bander musket and a RPR in 6.5 creedmoor. All in all, a great show for me and we'll worth the hour in Bay bridge traffic. And milsurp Dan I'm sorry I missed you, though I did have a gentleman wearing an arms college polo come up and help me with my jungle carbine.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I went on Saturday morning. Signed up for MSI and meet Bigfoot at the booth. Also picked up a beautiful reproduction zuave two bander musket and a RPR in 6.5 creedmoor. All in all, a great show for me and we'll worth the hour in Bay bridge traffic. And milsurp Dan I'm sorry I missed you, though I did have a gentleman wearing an arms college polo come up and help me with my jungle carbine.

The Ruger Precision Rifle in 308 was the one thing I saw there that I am interested in. Decent price too, but I have to wait until Christmas to see if I can afford it. It was nice to be able to actually see the rifle and put my hands on it, but if I have the funds at Christmas, I'll just make a phone call to my favorite FFL.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The Ruger Precision Rifle in 308 was the one thing I saw there that I am interested in. Decent price too, but I have to wait until Christmas to see if I can afford it. It was nice to be able to actually see the rifle and put my hands on it, but if I have the funds at Christmas, I'll just make a phone call to my favorite FFL.

They are very nice rifles. That is on my short list to purchase too. I'm thinking sometime soon, to celebrate the dog days of Summer.

It's not like I'll be spending any money on my SBR builds any time soon. ;)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    They are very nice rifles. That is on my short list to purchase too. I'm thinking sometime soon, to celebrate the dog days of Summer.

It's not like I'll be spending any money on my SBR builds any time soon. ;)

I have so many firearms projects going on, it isn't even funny. I'm in the process of upgrading a .223 Wylde AR. Then, I have three SBR builds to do and five suppressor builds to do. Not enough time or money. lol

Nice thing about the RPR is that all I need to do is buy the gun and a scope and I am ready to go.

With everything you have been buying lately, I am betting the list is "short". Surprised that you don't already have a RPR in the arsenal. Then again, I am surprised I don't already have one too. Wonder if Ruger will ever chamber it in some of the larger cartridges like .300 Win Mag or .338 Lapua? I'd buy one in .308 and one in .338 LP if Ruger offered it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nice meeting Mr Smalls, you should have stopped back by with the Zouve.

Likewise a pleasure seeing all the MDS' 'ers, and current and new members of MSI .

And I discovered one of the vendors I knew from all the shows was actually a famous figure in Md 2A history.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I went yesterday morning, haven't been to this one in a couple years. Much smaller than remembered and expected. Didn't see anything that I wanted to part money for. Did look for some powder, which was none :sad20: Overall disappointing. The Fredericksburg show a couple weeks back was much better. Think I'll just be going to that one and Chantilly from now on.

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's

I didn't see the rifle in 308 but that would have been interesting to consider. Who had it?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    snip

With everything you have been buying lately, I am betting the list is "short". Surprised that you don't already have a RPR in the arsenal. Then again, I am surprised I don't already have one too. Wonder if Ruger will ever chamber it in some of the larger cartridges like .300 Win Mag or .338 Lapua? I'd buy one in .308 and one in .338 LP if Ruger offered it.

My list never gets any smaller. After I buy something, I see something else and it's put on the list. I thought about 2-3 months ago that it was time to stop buying, but then a deal came my way that I couldn't pass up. These things always seem to find me. I very rarely buy new, so I save a bunch of money that way. When I find an RPR used, in decent shape and at a great price, I'll buy one. I'm too cheap to buy brand new.

Ruger may build one in 300 win mag, but I don't think you'll see one in 338 Lapua. That's even more specialize than the 50 bmg. Not saying it's not a fantastic round, but I don't see Ruger doing it.

I sold my State Arms 50 years ago when the 338 Lapua became popular. Never did find anything that I liked. There are a lot of rifles chambered for that round now. Since I got back into the 50bmg club, I've put the Lapua on the 2nd or 3rd page of my list.

Good luck to ya. I think you'll really like the RPR.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I didn't see the rifle in 308 but that would have been interesting to consider. Who had it?

I cannot remember the specific name of who had it. Heck, I didn't even look to see who the vendor was. It was toward the back of the place. It was on a table in the back "middle" of the place, but on the right side aisle. Essentially, if you were walking down the right side aisle, it would have been on your left just before the row with the vendor selling a bunch of nice looking AR rifles that were on pedestals.

There were two of them sitting on the table. One in 6.5 Creed and the other in .308 Win. I've read a lot of the pros and cons of both, and I am leaning toward the 308. They were both $1,350, maybe $1,325. I know it wasn't a number that scared me off from considering them. Santa might have one in his bag.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I thought the show went well considering it was a summer show. I was glad the ac was running too.
    It was great to talk with fellow mdshooters as well.
    :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom