• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    As the title states I am looking to have some plaster repair work done on my house in Catonsville. I've wasted too much time looking for a licensed contractor that knows plaster work, not drywall work, and wants to work. What I need is mostly top coat finish work due to water leaks(leaks have been corrected) and settlement cracks around windows. The base coat and gypsum lath appear to be solid. So if you do this type of work,or have had a good first hand experience with a contractor you would recommend, please let me know. Thanks

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Mike McNeives is your man. Can do ANY kind of plaster work Grew up working for Alan Taylor who did all the plaster work in Guilford, Homeland and Roland Park for 40 years. He can do ornamental, historical and basic residential and not all that expensive. Very reasonable prices for a vanishing trade. 410-444-8940. He's done a few jobs for me over the years. Google Baltimore plasterer and he pops up on top.

RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    Actually, I had Mike come out and give a quote. Nice guy and seemed knowledgeable. But he couldn't do anything in my time frame. Lead time as over a month out. Thanks for the suggestion though.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Actually, I had Mike come out and give a quote. Nice guy and seemed knowledgeable. But he couldn't do anything in my time frame. Lead time as over a month out. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sorry to hear that. Business must be good as he got to me in 3 days last year. If you have an old house keep his name on file. He's done restoration work in the capital as an indication as how good he is. That's the problem with a skilled pro in these trades. They get a lot of work and lead times can grow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom