• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I’m looking at having an AR 15 custom built by my local gunsmith for my sons birthday. He is an avid hunter and loves to shoot. My thought on building custom is that it is warranted for the life of the gun for accuracy and reliability by the gunsmith. Plus my son will have someone who can work on his gun for upgrades for the future if he chooses.

We are looking at approximately $1200 for the build. I know that you can buy a lot of AR and accessories for that kinda money but I like doing business locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A gunsmith does not warranty reliability, nor accuracy for the life of the gun.

You need to decide on what caliber you want it chambered in. If it is for shooting at the range, a 223/556 would work. If it is for hunting deer, a 300BLK or a 6.8 SPC would do the job.

I have parts lists that I can give you for 223/556 and 300BLK that would include magnified optics for less than $1200.

If you buy the parts you can both attend one of my build classes for the price of one admission. He will build the gun and you can assist, observe, or take pics. Your call.

I'm not sure how old he is, but I have taught 8 year olds with their fathers before.

Can't get much more sentimental than a gift you both assembled together.

I have 2 classes in februray 2018 for AR Builds.

^^^^^ Take him up on this offer!!!!!!

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If you buy the parts you can both attend one of my build classes for the price of one admission. He will build the gun and you can assist, observe, or take pics. Your call.

I'm not sure how old he is, but I have taught 8 year olds with their fathers before.

Can't get much more sentimental than a gift you both assembled together.

I have 2 classes in februray 2018 for AR Builds.

YES! I recommend this having done it.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    To own and shoot is one thing. To understand is another. I would go with Chad. Your gonna need a question answered sooner or later. Cut the middle man out. Chad is your man.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    I’m taking my son to Class. We are going to build his very own Patriot Rifle
    36b879fb4cff33755e6cf893691c2ee1.jpg

Chad has been awesome with communicating to me the process and working with me to get the parts I would need to complete the build. Sincerely, thank you to everyone for recommending Chad. I can see why he has such a huge fan base. He has been awesome to work with and I look forward to taking my son to class! And be sure that there will be pics come February of the complete build. And photos of a happy boy when he opens his patriotic kit for his birthday on New Year’s Day.

Last edited by a moderator:

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    You guys suck! Everyone but chad that is! I’m taking my son to Class. We are going to build his very own Patriot Rifle

Chad has been awesome with communicating to me the process and working with me to get the parts I would need to complete the build. Sincerely, thank you to everyone for recommending Chad. I can see why he has such a huge fan base. He has been awesome to work with and I look forward to taking my son to class! And be sure that there will be pics come February of the complete build. And photos of a happy boy when he opens his patriotic kit for his birthday on New Year’s Day.

Glad you found what your looking for .
    But still don't see how people suck because of there opinion. Or at least know a couple things about the m4 platform.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Glad you found what your looking for .

But still don't see how people suck because of there opinion. Or at least know a couple things about the m4 platform.

Edited my post. Sorry. Sarcasm doesn’t come through text very well. I’m very appreciative of everyone’s input. This community is truly like no other. I appreciate all of the input everyone has given me.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Edited my post. Sorry. Sarcasm doesn’t come through text very well. I’m very appreciative of everyone’s input. This community is truly like no other. I appreciate all of the input everyone has given me.

Emojis go along way to express ones true intentions, especially when one is intentionally curt. ;)

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    Emojis go along way to express ones true intentions, especially when one is intentionally curt. ;)

Not hurt I don't need ones approval. Merely a commit . Nor did I say I've been to colt,sig, armour and currently work on small arms for the military. There a lot of knowledge here. Have a good one

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Hands down lwrc I borrowed one at the fort meade sniper competition this year by far the best ar 15 I have ever shot !!

Can you clarify LWRC? I’m still learning acronyms in the AR world

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    Can you clarify LWRC? I’m still learning acronyms in the AR world

https://www.lwrci.com

I can say I've talk to a lot of people that have taking chad class what they told me about his ar 15 suppressor knowledge is far beyond anyone I've met. I give him credit for what he does . I you build go with chad if you wanna gun made local like you said lwrc is on the eastern shore.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I’m taking my son to Class. We are going to build his very own Patriot Rifle

Chad has many friends on here. I am honored to be able to say he is a good personal friend of mine.

His knowledge base is why he is the man for AR stuff and other firearms. Just don't ask him to help you with a Hi-Point 40 cal. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom