• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    What was with the guy in the back selling body armor with the signs stating that it will be banned soon? Shady sales tactic or something I've missed?

Like the furniture store with going out of business sales the last ten years..

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Other than usual holster purchase from Bullseye Holster, mainly look for ammo.

One vendor has HST Bonded 165 for .40s&w at a screaming $20/50rds . Other than that , a selection of .40 and .38spl from Georgia .

One of the vendors in the small room had extended Korean Glock mags all cals for 2 for $30 , even lower than the usual $17.95 from the mag guy in the back of the big room. But I've got such a stack of Glock mags , even more didn't make the priority cut over stocking up on ammo for the recent purchase from the Gym Ratz thread.

But as usual only had opportunity to skim about 5% of the tables on brief breaks .

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Other than usual holster purchase from Bullseye Holster, mainly look for ammo.

One vendor has HST Bonded 165 for .40s&w at a screaming $20/50rds . Other than that , a selection of .40 and .38spl from Georgia .

One of the vendors in the small room had extended Korean Glock mags all cals for 2 for $30 , even lower than the usual $17.95 from the mag guy in the back of the big room. But I've got such a stack of Glock mags , even more didn't make the priority cut over stocking up on ammo for the recent purchase from the Gym Ratz thread.

But as usual only had opportunity to skim about 5% of the tables on brief breaks .

I am going down on Sunday, where did you see the HST Bonded 165 40 S&W for$20/50 rounds?
    About where in the small room did you see the Glock mags for 2 for $30?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    From the MSI booth, head inboard in direction of Bullseye holster booth ( large, easily visable red sign ) . The end table facing the cross asile just before Bullseye has the HST. Mom& Pop , primarily selling boxed factory ammo. I handed a $20 , not sure if there was a recipt placed in bag.

Enter the small room thru the rear passageway , proceede to the last row before the wall . It's near that point, don't recall if cpl tables closer or farther from parking lot , but there's cardboard sign on a large box , and only take about a minute to locate from that starting point.

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    From the MSI booth, head inboard in direction of Bullseye holster booth ( large, easily visable red sign ) . The end table facing the cross asile just before Bullseye has the HST. Mom& Pop , primarily selling boxed factory ammo. I handed a $20 , not sure if there was a recipt placed in bag.

Enter the small room thru the rear passageway , proceede to the last row before the wall . It's near that point, don't recall if cpl tables closer or farther from parking lot , but there's cardboard sign on a large box , and only take about a minute to locate from that starting point.

The Glock mags are across from the guy selling 30 Rd. AR aluminum mags for $5

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Went yesterday. Lots of stuff to see. Took us forever to make our way though the whole place. My wife brought the dog and everyone kept stopping her and talking her ear off about him and she's too damn nice to just keep walking.

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    Went yesterday. Lots of stuff to see. Took us forever to make our way though the whole place. My wife brought the dog and everyone kept stopping her and talking her ear off about him and she's too damn nice to just keep walking.

Was that the poodle-sheltz?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Went today and was looking at ammo. Guy buying some Federal 5.56 told the sales guy he bought a new AR-15. Said his buddy gave him a bunch of ammo for it but it was .223 not 5.56 so he needed ammo. I thought the sales guy would correct him but instead he said, "Well, we have lots of 5.56 for sale."

Well that's pretty sh*tty of him :sad20:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    He's been saying that for years. MD did try to outlaw them for the general public. I believe that are illegal to own by someone who generally matches the prohibited person criteria.

I got a backpack armor panel from a lady toward the front of the place. She made me read a form about MD. She said, MD, felons are the only ones banned from owning armor. Is that correct? She didn't seem like she was going to turn me away if I said anything but I had to give her my drivers license number in order to purchase. That made me uneasy but I'm in so many government databases I decided it wouldn't matter.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I got a backpack armor panel from a lady toward the front of the place. She made me read a form about MD. She said, MD, felons are the only ones banned from owning armor. Is that correct? She didn't seem like she was going to turn me away if I said anything but I had to give her my drivers license number in order to purchase. That made me uneasy but I'm in so many government databases I decided it wouldn't matter.

Felons are not allowed body armor in many places.

I'm 99% positive MD is one of them.

Actually I think the law may be federal

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just got back. Didn’t get much but I got what I wanted/needed. Bunch of Glock mags, ammo cans, and some 9mm bullets. The book seller has a 60% off sale since this is his last show and he’s retiring to Florida. Tons of bargains there to be had if you’re looking for something. I bought 2 outstanding Webley books and one about German Ersatz bayonets for only $138.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    One table near back of main hall has a bin of 30rd Gen2 Window Pmags for $10.99. Non-window for about a buck less.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Dang. Just left, was looking for MSI booth but missed it. Where are you?

As you enter through the main doors, we are on the far left wall of the main hall.

The Three Amigos on duty now: Bob A, me and ShafTed.

Show continues until 5pm

Attachments

• D83EF5D2-150F-49A9-B59E-EFA78E7FDD86.jpg
      D83EF5D2-150F-49A9-B59E-EFA78E7FDD86.jpg
      87.8 KB · Views: 363

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads