• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckeye_Nut

Jun 15, 2017
    Waldorf
    I fixed my rifle feeding problems-found out someone had used some kind of lube where they shouldn't have. Cleaned it up and the rifle is running fine. I really like this scope very clear and stays on zero, easy to acquire target. Very happy, Chris.

Just out of curiosity, where exactly did they put the lube?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I am actually thinking of one of these to add to my delton AR-15. I was originally going to keep it an iron sight rifle but since adding a vortex spitfire 1x to my lwrc di and spitfire 3x to my Rock river arms, ive taken a liking to optics lol.

I don't think I'd every be shooting past 300 yards on that rifle so I think this might be a good all round choice. Seems like an all season tire would be a good analogy.

this sounds like it would be nice with an American defense qd mount.

Im using a 1-4x Strike Eagle on my Delton. I shot this group at 500yds a few weeks ago at Mayberry.

efffafc5292a47a4bc668fb3ae575ae0.jpg

At that distance the center dot covered up 1/3 of the 18” steel plate but I just kept the dot right in the middle. I was shooting prone with a bipod, using hand loads and a match barrel. My point is that with that setup the scope was probably the weakest link and still worked great.

What I really like is that even at 4x with the reticule light on I can sight CQ targets like a red dot scope with my left eye open like a red dot optic. I had a spark II and the 3x magnifier but I hated it. I also have the LaRue QD mount which is like the American Defense. You cant go wrong with that combo.

Good luck.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Im using a 1-4x Strike Eagle on my Delton. I shot this group at 500yds a few weeks ago at Mayberry.

At that distance the center dot covered up 1/3 of the 18” steel plate but I just kept the dot right in the middle. I was shooting prone with a bipod, using hand loads and a match barrel. My point is that with that setup the scope was probably the weakest link and still worked great.

What I really like is that even at 4x with the reticule light on I can sight CQ targets like a red dot scope with my left eye open like a red dot optic. I had a spark II and the 3x magnifier but I hated it. I also have the LaRue QD mount which is like the American Defense. You cant go wrong with that combo.

Good luck.

That's some mighty FINE shooting!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    That's some mighty FINE shooting!

Thanks. I couldn’t see my shots, but I had a spotter who helped keep me on target.

If I can repeat it I’ll pat my self on the back. Otherwise it a case of “Every now and then the sun shines on a dogs ass”

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Just out of curiosity, where exactly did they put the lube?
    They had lube in the rail system that the rod runs on then it sat. There was enough lube that it worked it's way into the gas holes, once the heat from firing made it gunk up finally causing FTF. I don't know what kind of lube it was but it was green when I cleaned it out. Come to find out no need for any lube other than a super light coat. I guess the owner before thought it should run wet which is not the case with the Adcor system. My fault for not stripping the upper after I bought it. A case where less is better but all is well now. Chris

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

Good luck.

that's impressive. I have a slight astigmatism so that why I went with the spitfire over the sparc. I liked it so much I went with the 3x to be able to reach out a bit further. I wasn't a big fan of magnifiers either.

My astigmatism isn't bad, so I can still shoot red dots, but it does make them a tad fuzzy which bothers my ocd lol. So prism " scopes" it was. although they are much more like red dots in my opinion.

I figured maybe id go with a more "traditional" style scope if I scoped my delton, but don't want to pay an arm and a leg since being captain precision isn't that big of a deal for me. I don't want pure junk though either, so I figure a strike eagle might be a good compromise.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    that's impressive. I have a slight astigmatism so that why I went with the spitfire over the sparc. I liked it so much I went with the 3x to be able to reach out a bit further. I wasn't a big fan of magnifiers either.

My astigmatism isn't bad, so I can still shoot red dots, but it does make them a tad fuzzy which bothers my ocd lol. So prism " scopes" it was. although they are much more like red dots in my opinion.

I figured maybe id go with a more "traditional" style scope if I scoped my delton, but don't want to pay an arm and a leg since being captain precision isn't that big of a deal for me. I don't want pure junk though either, so I figure a strike eagle might be a good compromise.

The astigmatism was the same reason I ditched the 3x magnifier. The normal red dot is a bit irregular shaped but the magnifier made it look like a pear shape.

If you want to check one out in person before you buy, Im going to be shooting at AGC this sunday morning. Let me know.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Good luck.

What app is that?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom