Attachments

• fish.jpg
      fish.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 468

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    From last weekend. Do an annual ice fishing trip in the Adirondacks.

Attachments

• 20170312_090555.jpg
      20170312_090555.jpg
      41.3 KB · Views: 458

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have 25-30 bass rods sitting in my garage(sold my Ranger last spring). Maybe I should sell them...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Nice
    Is needwood the one that had the signs up about the toxic algae last year? Is that still a thing?

Yes. The signs are gone as of recent. I'm sure once it heats up they'll be back. People were catching stocked trout past couple weeks, I found nary a one. Is there a rod limit? One guy on a lawn chair had six lines in the water. When I see something like that, all with trout bait getting no hits, I just play with lures. Got that bass on a silver/blue spoon.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    3 rod limit, 2 hooks per line

He probably had 6 different colors/flavors of power bait out.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Nice
    Is needwood the one that had the signs up about the toxic algae last year? Is that still a thing?

A result of the sewer line overhauling that has been progressing down Rock Creek for the last couple years. Lake Frank has/had the same problem.

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    The seasons are a bit confusing. Trophy season starts April 15 - May 15 and then the summer/fall season, runs May 16 - Dec. 20, but it also says "open year round in the Atlantic Ocean and Maryland’s coastal bays and tributaries" with different size limits.

Doesn't Striped bass fishing in the Atlantic Ocean and Maryland’s coastal bays and tributaries include all of the Chesapeake bay?

Let us know how that new rig works out. It looks promising.

They differentiate between the Chesapeake including its tributaries and the Atlantic with its coastal bays and tributaries.

From the DNR news release "The 2017 spring season for the state fish, striped bass, kicks off April 15 in Maryland’s portion of the Chesapeake Bay and its tidal tributaries.

Recreational fishing opportunities for rockfish – as striped bass is known locally – will run from 5 a.m. April 15 through midnight May 15, with a catch limit of one fish per person, per day, 35 inches or larger.

Regulations for the combined summer/fall season, running May 16 through Dec. 20, will remain the same as last year. Anglers can keep two fish per day greater than 20 inches, with one required to be less than 28 inches. Size is measured from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail.

Striped bass fishing in the Atlantic Ocean and Maryland’s coastal bays and tributaries is open year-round with a two-fish daily limit. Striped bass on the coast must be between 28 and 38 inches or larger than 44 inches."

I agree with the previous poster, the seasonal maps make it easier, maybe they've updated them now to reflect the size limits.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I've been wanting to fish Liberty Reservoir. No boat, just bank fishing - I often see cars parked on the shoulder of 26 and assume they're fishing. What do I need to know?

Fishing is allowed north of rt. 26 only. DNR/ Reservoir Police do check for people fishing south of 26, they can and do issue fines, etc.. Don't get caught on the south side!

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    We're just about rigged up for trophy season. Seems like it's light years away, but our free time to get ready is dwindling.

We have something crazy in the works, and if it produces, either for trophy season, or in to the summer, we'll be selling them in some local stores. Can't wait to hit the water.

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Took advantage of the beautiful weather today and took the kayak out. I got 3 including this nice one!
    b9a8c6acb06814bdef281180c65170c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Headed over to the shore to gather some firewood today and when we got there the perch netters were bringing in some fish. We did manage to snag a couple handfuls of fresh perch and a nice snakehead.. :D

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    We're just about rigged up for trophy season. Seems like it's light years away, but our free time to get ready is dwindling.

We have something crazy in the works, and if it produces, either for trophy season, or in to the summer, we'll be selling them in some local stores. Can't wait to hit the water.
    Keep us in da loop! Surely you'd help out some MDS brothers with any secret weapon you may create... we'd be interested!

My SIL's boat is splashing tomorrow, heading down south on Friday to do some jigging for the big boys, even tho we have to let em go. It's all about the fun catchin them big suckers on spin tackle. :party29:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Took advantage of the beautiful weather today and took the kayak out. I got 3 including this nice one!
    b9a8c6acb06814bdef281180c65170c1.jpg

nice one! looks like its pre-spawn there...Ice just barely thawed here the last couple weeks so I might go try again this Friday weather permitting

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    nice one! looks like its pre-spawn there...Ice just barely thawed here the last couple weeks so I might go try again this Friday weather permitting

Yep pre-spawn is on right now. 2 weeks ago I was catching them with snow on the banks lol. It's been interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom