• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    I just picked up an Eotech EXPS2-0 from Amazon (I know, I know). It came new, in the correct Eotech Box with all the proper documentation. The optic itself looks legit, however when I turned it on I noticed it had a second ghost reticle off to the side. I've never seen this before on an Eotech, and I dont think it's my astigmatism either. What do you guys think?

GHFR7bb.jpg

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Fake or not definitely bad... I think the astigmatism test is take a photo with the camera and it should look correct. In your case photo looks bad too.

Call EOTech or just send it back.

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    Thanks guys, I returned it to Amazon. It appeared to be a real holographic sight, but I guess it was just defective. On to the next one! Thanks again.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    $499.00 with free same day shipping from Amazon Prime. Optics planet wouldn't price match it or else I would have just gotten it from there.

That's hopping mad money right there.

DEMAND your money back.

I'm convinced companies have thrown QC completely out the window. Guns. Optics. Widgets. You name it. They're determined to sell quantity over quality.

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore

DEMAND your money back.

I'm convinced companies have thrown QC completely out the window. Guns. Optics. Widgets. You name it. They're determined to sell quantity over quality.

Agreed! Luckily I will have no problem getting my money back from Amazon.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

DEMAND your money back.

Yep, i just helped a freind mount a scope with a set of $80 Vortex rings. One of the screws was cross threaded right out of the package :sad20:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Just ordered an XPS2-0 for $414 on Amazon, with the $75 rebate on top of that, you can't beat the price. Have owned a few, have a high mileage 512 that has been flawless in any weather, holds 0 as well as I can expect out of a decent sight. Despite the flood of people sending their EoTechs back, I'm keeping all mine till they give me an actual problem. I always look into the actual seller, if it tracks back to a brick-n-mortar gun shop, then it's probably legit, and worst case Amazon makes returns really easy, like Ebay, they anticipated unscrupulous vendors, and you are just about guaranteed to get your money back, provided you can spot a fake. Worst case some you can call some companies with the serial# off of the product, and they can tell you for sure.

Last edited:

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    I was kidding. I still have all mine and use them without any problems. :thumbsup:

I figured as much :thumbsup:. For some reason people seem think the whole thermal drift issue renders them useless. Hell, the problem isn't even unique to Eotech...I think Trijicon is having similar issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom