• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Once again we are beginning the search for some new employees. We are currently looking for people in our Maryland, Florida (immediate), and St Louis offices.

The job is a technician working in our leak detection and tube cleaning divisions. This is an entry level position and the pay rate is commensurate with that. The basic range of skills include:

1) Assist a project manager in conducting power plant inspections (condensers, generators, etc...) while receiving training in performing said inspections.
    2) Perform condenser and heat exchanger tube cleaning under the guidance of project managers
    3) Perform office work when not assigned a project (mostly maintenance activities on equipment)

This is an on-call position and you are required to answer your company phone within reasonable hours (waking hours).

The starting pay is $10 an hour plus benefits (details below), but that is also dependent on a person's experience. A person with industrial experience, current TWIC card holder, etc... is obviously more attractive.

We are looking for someone who wants a career, rather than a job.

I encourage you, if you are interested, to keep in mind the following:

1) The hourly wage includes overtime for all hours worked over 8 in one day and all weekend work is OT and on average you will get probably around 10-20hrs a week on a good paycheck. Some weeks you will get as high as 40+ hours of overtime with travel, and some you will get none. I will say that spring and fall outage seasons are usually very busy. You are guaranteed 40hrs a week, and anything over 8hrs a day is OT. All weekend work (Sat and Sun) is all OT, and you are on the clock when traveling as well.

2) The company pays all travel expenses, as well as a daily per diem rate of $40 cash. If you are careful, you can eat on much less than this and pocket the rest, tax free. You are also not spending out of pocket on food, gas, etc... when on the road so that does increase the value of your paycheck as well.

3) The company provides a cell phone with unlimited minutes/data for free. Current phones we are using are the new Sprint smartphones, so they are very nice and can be used for personal business (as long as you answer it when the company calls).

4) Benefits - we pay full medical/dental/vision coverage for you and your family. Zero out of pocket for this, which I'm sure you know the cost can be considerable. I've been here 11 years and still have full benefits. We also match up to 4% for 401k retirement, provided you contribute at least 6%.

5) Equipment - all company uniforms are provided, as well as boots (within reason). You will have no clothes ruined working for us. There is no out of pocket costs for safety equipment or uniforms.

6) Advancement - 100% of our Project Managers started out as technicians, and the average length of time to be promoted can vary, but most manage it between 1-3 years. Project manager pay and bonuses is a good bit higher than for technicians.

7) We have 4 offices around the country, and are hiring for most of them. Most people here will be interested in the Maryland opportunity, but if you are a strong candidate and willing to move at your expense, it is possible to hire someone for the other offices.

8) People - I will say that our current workforce is the best group of guys I've ever worked for (we don't currently employ any women) and we have a great time on the road. We work hard, we play hard, and we take care of each other.

9) Retirement - the company matches up to 4% of your salary in a 401k. Bonuses are obviously dependent upon how we did that year, but in 10 years I've only not gotten a Christmas bonus once. Most years we see a mid-year bonus as well if the spring outage season goes well.

10) Vacation - we get 10 paid holidays off per year, plus 2 weeks paid vacation. The more notice the better when taking vacation. If you work a holiday, the first 8 hrs is 2.5 times normal, after that is normal overtime.

The main disadvantage is the time away from home - if you have a family, wife, kids, it is tough. You WILL miss things (birthdays, parties, etc...) and it is very hard to plan weekends and social events. On the plus side, at least for me, is that your SO will appreciate you more when you are around.

The hardest part is usally not the guy hired, but his wife/girlfriend adjusting to the lifestyle. Its hard, and not everyone can do it.

I realize this post is pretty long, but I wanted to express my belief that this is not just a job, but a career opportunity that is truly limitless.

My cell phone number is 443-220-6685, and my email address is rbloss@americanefficiency.com. Our office number is 410-489-0613. If you call the office, ask for myself (Rich) or Robert Mechem.

Another point of contact is a member here, chevydave, you can PM him with questions. He was hired off this board in early 2012 and recently was promoted to Project Manager in less than 2 years.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I hope to hear from you. Email is a preferred method of contact for me, as I can check that in real time vs PMs here. Plus to be honest, all I'll tell you in a PM is to send me your resume.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    What skills would a candidate need in advance. My brother-in-law may be interested.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    1) The hourly wage includes overtime for all hours worked over 8 in one day and all weekend work is OT and on average you will get probably around 10-20hrs a week on a good paycheck. Some weeks you will get as high as 40+ hours of overtime with travel, and some you will get none. I will say that spring and fall outage seasons are usually very busy. You are guaranteed 40hrs a week, and anything over 8hrs a day is OT. All weekend work (Sat and Sun) is all OT, and you are on the clock when traveling as well.

Just for clarification (yes, I can be a little dense sometimes, :) ) You mean 10-20 hours OVERTIME, not 10-20 hours total, correct?

I know someone who may be interested.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Son sent an email to get more info.

Great, I'll look for it. Haven't seen it yet.

What skills would a candidate need in advance. My brother-in-law may be interested.

Nothing specific, although some mechanical inclination always helps. Candidates must pass a background check (basically no felonies) and pass an initial and random drug screenings.

Just for clarification (yes, I can be a little dense sometimes, :) ) You mean 10-20 hours OVERTIME, not 10-20 hours total, correct?

I know someone who may be interested.

Correct, overtime. All hourly guys are guaranteed 40 hours base pay (so I guess they are on salary + overtime, when you get down to it). Project Managers are on salary (and are hence ridden like dogs :D )

Thanks for the interest, keep it coming.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Had a few nibbles, no bites. Bumping this, we will need 2 people come August 15th. This is a great opportunity if you have a son that needs a good career or know anyone that is looking for a good place to grow.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Not wanting to read into this and assume anything, Sorry I have to ask but many companies request personal vehicles for company use in excess of 30k/mi a year so it is no small issue.

1. Is the company providing the vehicle or would a candidate furnish their own?
    2.(If) a personal vehicle is furnished, does the company cover mileage or maintenance?
    3. Are personal tools required for the job and if so does the company have tool allowance?

I hope my questions are not too obtrusive, thanks for your time.

Once again we are beginning the search for some new employees. We are currently looking for people in our Maryland, Florida (immediate), and St Louis offices.

The job is a technician working in our leak detection and tube cleaning divisions. This is an entry level position and the pay rate is commensurate with that. The basic range of skills include:

1) Assist a project manager in conducting power plant inspections (condensers, generators, etc...) while receiving training in performing said inspections.
    2) Perform condenser and heat exchanger tube cleaning under the guidance of project managers
    3) Perform office work when not assigned a project (mostly maintenance activities on equipment)

This is an on-call position and you are required to answer your company phone within reasonable hours (waking hours).

The starting pay is $10 an hour plus benefits (details below), but that is also dependent on a person's experience. A person with industrial experience, current TWIC card holder, etc... is obviously more attractive.

We are looking for someone who wants a career, rather than a job.

I encourage you, if you are interested, to keep in mind the following:

2) The company pays all travel expenses, as well as a daily per diem rate of $40 cash. If you are careful, you can eat on much less than this and pocket the rest, tax free. You are also not spending out of pocket on food, gas, etc... when on the road so that does increase the value of your paycheck as well.

3) The company provides a cell phone with unlimited minutes/data for free. Current phones we are using are the new Sprint smartphones, so they are very nice and can be used for personal business (as long as you answer it when the company calls).

4) Benefits - we pay full medical/dental/vision coverage for you and your family. Zero out of pocket for this, which I'm sure you know the cost can be considerable. I've been here 11 years and still have full benefits. We also match up to 4% for 401k retirement, provided you contribute at least 6%.

5) Equipment - all company uniforms are provided, as well as boots (within reason). You will have no clothes ruined working for us. There is no out of pocket costs for safety equipment or uniforms.

6) Advancement - 100% of our Project Managers started out as technicians, and the average length of time to be promoted can vary, but most manage it between 1-3 years. Project manager pay and bonuses is a good bit higher than for technicians.

7) We have 4 offices around the country, and are hiring for most of them. Most people here will be interested in the Maryland opportunity, but if you are a strong candidate and willing to move at your expense, it is possible to hire someone for the other offices.

8) People - I will say that our current workforce is the best group of guys I've ever worked for (we don't currently employ any women) and we have a great time on the road. We work hard, we play hard, and we take care of each other.

9) Retirement - the company matches up to 4% of your salary in a 401k. Bonuses are obviously dependent upon how we did that year, but in 10 years I've only not gotten a Christmas bonus once. Most years we see a mid-year bonus as well if the spring outage season goes well.

10) Vacation - we get 10 paid holidays off per year, plus 2 weeks paid vacation. The more notice the better when taking vacation. If you work a holiday, the first 8 hrs is 2.5 times normal, after that is normal overtime.

The main disadvantage is the time away from home - if you have a family, wife, kids, it is tough. You WILL miss things (birthdays, parties, etc...) and it is very hard to plan weekends and social events. On the plus side, at least for me, is that your SO will appreciate you more when you are around.

The hardest part is usally not the guy hired, but his wife/girlfriend adjusting to the lifestyle. Its hard, and not everyone can do it.

I realize this post is pretty long, but I wanted to express my belief that this is not just a job, but a career opportunity that is truly limitless.

My cell phone number is 443-220-6685, and my email address is rbloss@americanefficiency.com. Our office number is 410-489-0613. If you call the office, ask for myself (Rich) or Robert Mechem.

Another point of contact is a member here, chevydave, you can PM him with questions. He was hired off this board in early 2012 and recently was promoted to Project Manager in less than 2 years.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I hope to hear from you. Email is a preferred method of contact for me, as I can check that in real time vs PMs here. Plus to be honest, all I'll tell you in a PM is to send me your resume.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Not wanting to read into this and assume anything, Sorry I have to ask but many companies request personal vehicles for company use in excess of 30k/mi a year so it is no small issue.

1. Is the company providing the vehicle or would a candidate furnish their own?
    2.(If) a personal vehicle is furnished, does the company cover mileage or maintenance?
    3. Are personal tools required for the job and if so does the company have tool allowance?

I hope my questions are not too obtrusive, thanks for your time.

Not obtrusive at all.

1. All company travel is in either company provided trucks or if we fly somewhere to work, a rental car paid for by the company.

2. It is company policy to never require an employee use their own vehicle for work, and for insurance purposes we actually actively discourage it. If in the rare case you need to use yours to travel to the airport or something, you get paid mileage at the standard government rate (almost never happens).

3. All tools are company supplied, along with all uniforms, boots, and safety equipment. Zero out of pocket is the literal truth, you are furnished everything you need to do your job.

I hope I answered your questions sufficiently.

Hope to hear from you.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Would like to bump this post with another immediate opportunity to fill a technician postion.

I have two technicians whose Sig O's are preggers and have thus been pressured to give their notice as the SOs don't like them traveling any more.

With that in mind, I have one position filled and another one that needs filling soon.

Please send emails with resume's or questions, all relevent details about the job has been posted in the original post and some questions answered as well.

We've hired several people from these boards and all of them have been great workers, so I look forward to hearing from more of you.

Please pay attention to the bolded sections of the job post.

Thanks,

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom