• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    This

How far back to the Wild Wild West do you want to go? Btw in states that allow open carry, I won't say all states, but when you're open carrying your gun must be holstered. If its a simi-auto the magazines must not be in the gun. You can wear the loaded magazines on your belt too but the gun must not be loaded. A revolver must have bullets in the revolver, but you can have a speed loader on your belt. If a bad guy wants to sucker punch me and take my gun, it's useless to him without the magazine or bullets.

And this

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Merlin
    bring me up to speed, who is Michael Smigiel?
    The simple fact that you had to ask this question after posting responses to each and every post on this forum for the last two weeks is proof that you need to stop typing and start reading.

Let me get this straight Merlin. You are debating me on 2A rights....even calling me an anti. Yet, you don't know who Smigiel is? You lost a lot of credibility from this one.

Made you lose credibility with me and I am sure more than a few of the other members here.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Bad guys will be bad guys.

I think teachers should be able to carry so they can help protect the kids in schools. If you read about one school shooting you read about them all. The bad guy starts killing and he is stopped when he either runs out of bullets or kills himself. Taking 10-20 kids with him. The only defense the innocent teachers and kids have is to run and pray the bad guy misses.

Maybe some of them as they are running and praying are saying to them selves, "This can't be happening! Doesn't the bad guy know this is a gun free zone?"

Maybe if the teachers as well as others could carry on school grounds someone could stop the bad guy long before he takes out 10-20 kids.
    Maybe if the bad guys knew that everyone at the school was armed, shooting up a school would not be as appealing as it is now knowing he will be the only one with a gun because it is a gun free zone.

How many deer hunters do you think there would be if the deer shot back?

I also feel teachers should be allowed to carry. You are, however wrong about their only current defense. It is illegal for them to pray while they are running from the bad guy. My wife is a teacher and the schools are so anti gun that she will not put her Glock sticker on her car.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I also feel teachers should be allowed to carry. You are, however wrong about their only current defense. It is illegal for them to pray while they are running from the bad guy. My wife is a teacher and the schools are so anti gun that she will not put her Glock sticker on her car.

I can't tell you how sad that is. I have been taking my now 14 year old daughter shooting. Often she shoots better then me. Over the years she tells me about the different conversation she has had with teachers when her target shooting came up for one reason or another. The teachers are less then pleased.

I don't know what the figure is but I bet many more children get killed playing sports in school each year. You never hear about that on the nightly news.

petergriffin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2012

Teachers should not have to take on the additional responsibility of having to stop a school shooting in progress. Teachers have enough to worry about as it stands. Each school should have Atleast two armed guards on school property. The sad part is that it is coming to this. Kids should not be able to easily get guns. Responsible gun owners need to make sure the guns they own are locked away from kids.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Teachers should not have to take on the additional responsibility of having to stop a school shooting in progress. Teachers have enough to worry about as it stands. Each school should have Atleast two armed guards on school property. The sad part is that it is coming to this. Kids should not be able to easily get guns. Responsible gun owners need to make sure the guns they own are locked away from kids.

It's not a case of should, it's a case of having the ability of saving themselves as well. How about stopping the school shooting so they do not get killed as well? The bad guy is shooting at everyone, not just the kids.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

how about letting the teachers that want to protect themselves do so?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Fair enough. Since you used the word we, but have only directed the comment to start my own debate comment to me and that you recognize fair please direct this comment to the others who are responding to the debate as well. I will wait for you to practice the fairness preaching and will see confirmation of such fairness when you direct others to stay on topic as well.

To be honest, some of us already pulled back from debating your issues, in order to allow the thread to get back on track. ***(deleted additional comments)***

bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    Fair enough. Since you used the word we, but have only directed the comment to start my own debate comment to me and that you recognize fair please direct this comment to the others who are responding to the debate as well. I will wait for you to practice the fairness preaching and will see confirmation of such fairness when you direct others to stay on topic as well.

Sorry you took it that way, it was directed at all who threadjack

petergriffin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2012
    how about letting the teachers that want to protect themselves do so?

I don't know if you know this or not but no school district is going to undertake the liability of having armed teachers regardless if the teachers want to be armed or not. The majority of private businesses prohibit weapons of any kind on company property. More than one workplace violence acts have taken place, so what do you do there? Quit your job so you can find an employer who will let you carry on the job.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Teachers should not have to take on the additional responsibility of having to stop a school shooting in progress.

as opposed to the other responsibilities that we already have? :lol2:

How's about letting me decide what responsibilities I want to take on?

Mr H

Banana'd

To Mooseman...

My wife has yet to submit her app, nor will she put the stickers she wants on her car, for the same reason.

To All...

But (TO BRING IT BACK ON TOPIC, GENTLEMEN), if she had put in her app when she was thinking of it, she would have received the RETURNED APPLICATION and LETTER this thread is about.

Please either open a separate TPM for CC thread, or take it to PM.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Goodbye troll....

You've been banned twice before and today makes a trifecta

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-16 at 2.32.55 PM.png
      Screen shot 2012-04-16 at 2.32.55 PM.png
      7.2 KB · Views: 314

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Question I asked on another thread;

When they sent the app's back and said that they did not have a G&S, did they go into any detail on why self-defense and all lawful purposes is not good enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom