• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrNRA

Feb 2, 2017
    Bethesda
    In order to feed my addiction, I rented a PO Box in Virginia for receiving mags.

Well, Primary Arms had a sale on Magpul D60 drums so I purchased to with the shipping address being my Virginia po box. THEY CANCELLED MY ORDER BECAUSE MY BILLING ADDRESS IS MARYLAND! I called customer service who, though polite, said that they had instructions from the Maryland state police to not sell to anybody with a Maryland billing address. Last I checked the MSP has no jurisdiction over USPS, Texas, or Virginia.

For the record, this is not the law, and plenty of other online retailers ship anywhere because it doesn't ****ing matter what your billing address is.

I just ordered three drums from a better Gun Shop (who have an even better price) and there customer service rep said this was not an issue. Last time I do business with Primary Arms.

Sorry, I know I'm new. Rant over.

Last edited:

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Wow! I didn't expect to hear this about Primary Arms tbqo. I have had this happen with other online retailers in the past. Specifically after the Newtown shooting.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    PO box sounds like a hassle and add'l expense. Next weekend (17-18-19) is the chantilly gun show, repeated at least quarterly. Generally there are tons of various mags there at pretty competitive prices. Get you some there. You really can't blame PA and others from being scared away from doing business with Marylanders. I'm sure they did the math, and the lost revenue/profit is a tradeoff for them vs getting and staying up to speed on MD laws (and other anti-2A states).

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    In order to feed my addiction, I rented a PO Box in Virginia for receiving mags.

Well, Primary Arms had a sale on Magpul D60 drums so I purchased to with the shipping address being my Virginia po box. THEY CANCELLED MY ORDER BECAUSE MY BILLING ADDRESS IS MARYLAND! I called customer service who, though polite, said that they had instructions from the Maryland state police to not sell to anybody with a Maryland billing address. Last I checked the MSP has no jurisdiction over USPS, Texas, or Virginia.

For the record, this is not the law, and plenty of other online retailers ship anywhere because it doesn't ****ing matter what your billing address is.

I just ordered three drums from Prepper Gun Shop (who have an even better price) and there customer service rep said this was not an issue. Last time I do business with Primary Arms.

Sorry, I know I'm new. Rant over.

Thank you for sharing yet another high capacity magazine work-around story with us.

Very helpful.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Here we go again.

Dr.NRA... no offense to you, but there has been a rash of relatively new members on the site all discussing how to bypass MD law. Not a good idea to discuss this sort of thing in open forum. We all know what the law says and what it doesn't... no need to feed fuel to the fire of further restrictions.

Welcome to the group, BTW.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Another low post count member with another idea how to get around MDSP recent guidance on magazine shipping.

IDK why one needs a PO box when there are quite a few places just over the border in 'Murica. My workaround is called a car.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Another low post count member with another idea how to get around MDSP recent guidance on magazine shipping.

IDK why one needs a PO box when there are quite a few places just over the border in 'Murica. My workaround is called a car.

Good eye. As far as shipping vs billing address, this is not at all a new issue with many vendors.

DrNRA

Feb 2, 2017
    Bethesda
    Here we go again.

Dr.NRA... no offense to you, but there has been a rash of relatively new members on the site all discussing how to bypass MD law. Not a good idea to discuss this sort of thing in open forum. We all know what the law says and what it doesn't... no need to feed fuel to the fire of further restrictions.

Welcome to the group, BTW.

Thank you for the welcome. But you make it sound like I’m doing something illegal. I’m a law abiding citizen. But I’m of the mind that if it’s not expressly prohibited, it’s allowed.

I’m a new member with a low post count because I’m a new resident. All things in time.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Thank you for the welcome. But you make it sound like I’m doing something illegal. I’m a law abiding citizen. But I’m of the mind that if it’s not expressly prohibited, it’s allowed.

I’m a new member with a low post count because I’m a new resident. All things in time.

Maryland is a goofy place. There are many enemies of 2A rights that watch our board to see how things are done, and then they try and implement new laws in the legislative session. Water cooler discussions aren't open to the public at large, but you have to have a post count of 50 to post or view those. I would suggest you kill this thread.

DrNRA

Feb 2, 2017
    Bethesda
    Good eye. As far as shipping vs billing address, this is not at all a new issue with many vendors.

Ok. I didn’t know that. I did my research before posting here. Couldn’t find any threads addressing this specific issue or any reference on the MSP website. I tried calling the firearms division but they are closed till Monday.

I see that one of the mods edited out the F-word from my original post. Is potty language prohibited?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Forty Five more posts will allow you a sprinkling of real curse words here and there.

But I don't think F--K is acceptable in the Water Cooler either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom