• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I've had a good friend bounce a 9mm brass casing off a barrier to land between his glasses and eyeball. I think we were up at TMGN. He's a member here on MDS. It burnt part of the surface and looked hazy white. He went to the ER, got some cream/drops or something and it got better eventually. Another reason why you shouldn't wear regular (small) prescription glasses at the range. Get real safety glasses.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I've had a good friend bounce a 9mm brass casing off a barrier to land between his glasses and eyeball. I think we were up at TMGN. He's a member here on MDS. It burnt part of the surface and looked hazy white. He went to the ER, got some cream/drops or something and it got better eventually. Another reason why you shouldn't wear regular (small) prescription glasses at the range. Get real safety glasses.

I had a couple of instances of hot brass ending up down the back of my shirt through the neckline before I ended up wearing rx glasses last year. The first instance of that had me paranoid about the eye scenario. I've always worn a baseball cap since at the range and made sure my safety glasses had a close top fit and side panels. Easy thing to forget while browsing for shooting glasses in the ophthalmologist's office, particularly if getting a few types of glasses at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom