• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    My blog partner's experience in a Frank Proctor class. Sometimes we end up in classes that just aren't the best match for where we are on the journey:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpres...amentals-of-fast-salem-ct-january-25-26-2020/
    First, as a published author of both fiction and nonfiction, I commend you and your blog partner for clear concise writing. I always enjoy every article you publish.

While the AAR was a great read, I really focused on the anecdotal comments about failing vision as we age. I am transitioning to red dot equipped pistols as we speak. I can no longer effectively shoot a pistol beyond 10-12 yards with fixed iron sights or even red or green fiber optics. Inside that range I do fine when I train for defensive pistol.

Which brings me to my next point. Since retirement I have started competing in pistol and rifle matches again. I am always scoring in the middle of the pack and I'm fine if I never move from that spot. Accuracy is always my first concern. But it does illuminate the need to train for distinctive defensive pistol versus competitive pistol. It's not quite clear to me yet how I'm going to do it.

Thank you again for thoughtful and illuminating article.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks for the praise. We wrestled a bit with how to write this one (I advised my blog partner a lot on this, more than we'd typically do). I think it came out fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom