Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Gun Shows
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old March 17th, 2019, 03:34 PM #41
Vote SG For King

Vote SG For King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorros View Post
Yes ( with do you want to sell it? Answer, no. And thatís as far as it went. ) but the rear sight is a rifle sight, updated, and the stock also updated, by the arsenal. Someone found a Proof mark i missed. Another thought it had gone to the phillipines for constabulary. No import mark. But thought it had seen jeep duty. Not a bannerman and not original and not worth 4k. But it has bones. But noone spent much time as i wasnít selling. I have $290 in it.
The only proof mark I remember seeing on your Krag is a seriph "P" behind the trigger guard- showing it was an arsenal done re-stock.
Old March 17th, 2019, 04:04 PM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
I had my eye on a few. Prices were outrageous. I didn't even make offers on a lot of the Krag, M1 Carbine and Garands I was interested in because the prices were at least double the market on a lot of the tables. I get the impression a lot of those folks just like to display them but don't want to sell.

I struck out and can't go today!
Some of them DEFINITLY over price stuff hoping for a bite. I never like to pay the asking price cause I know they bump it up alot. I heard that some of them put stuff out so high cause they just want to fill out a table with stuff and price things they don't want to sell way above value. In the end, the value is what they sell for. I can see this stuff is actually pretty hard to sell at the peak price. Epecially the unusual stuff.
Melnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 04:22 PM #43

I stopped going years ago because of the inflated prices. If you want to visit as if you were going to a museum, by all means go but don't expect any great deals.

As someone said earlier, I believe that many of the dealers are just showing off their collection. They keep vastly inflated prices, and if someone decides to pay it, they may well sell.

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including my life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
(credit to a USAF pilot)

Proud Patriot Picket
John from MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 09:16 PM #44
bonehead

bonehead

I was there also. Saw a bunch of nice rifles. But since I am broke I bought an overpriced hotdog and over priced water and called it a day. But I did notice that there was a fair amount of WW1 and even WW2 rifles showing up on display and for sale. There was also a display of the nylon stocked Remington rifles and a display of "parlor" air rifles.

noddaz

Last edited by noddaz; March 17th, 2019 at 09:20 PM. Reason: oops
noddaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 11:41 PM #45
New Guy

New Guy

I almost picked up a Daisy VL Rifle for reasonably cheap because I've always wanted one for some reason but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

The guy said it had never been shot, it showed obvious use and that kinda put me off, The price wasn't too bad and came with some ammo, but my spidey sense put me off it.
Old March 18th, 2019, 02:33 AM #46

I go to this show to look at the displays or to find a otherwise impossible to locate part. The part I bought a few years ago was expensive but it was what my rifle needed and they aren't being made anymore.

Ninety-nine percent of all lawyers
give the rest a bad name.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves" -Mayor SR-B
Outlasted that BITCH,
Bring it on Horse Face,
(SR-B's replacement) Catherine Pew-Pew-Pew
Ironnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2019, 06:59 AM #47
C&R Wisperer

C&R Wisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddaz View Post
I was there also. Saw a bunch of nice rifles. But since I am broke I bought an overpriced hotdog and over priced water and called it a day. But I did notice that there was a fair amount of WW1 and even WW2 rifles showing up on display and for sale. There was also a display of the nylon stocked Remington rifles and a display of "parlor" air rifles.

noddaz
I was there on Sunday and the Remington Nylon display got 4th place in their Display Competition. Think he rated higher than that.
I've attended this show for many years and have noticed that as the older generation passes the content of the show has been slowly morphing from muzzle loading black powder to metallic cartridge. So you're seeing more late 19th century into early 20th century stuff. More interesting for me personally.
Like you I'm not in buying mode, having just shelled out for taxes, but there were some decent deals to be had. Even on Sunday. I snagged a pristine Japanese T14 rubberized canvas holster that was marked down to $175. Also got a decent K31 stock for a dirt cheap $60 with HG, buttplate and upper band from Andrew at Augustus. I'm sure he didn't want to schlepp that puppy back to Switzerland. It'll replace the cut-down stock on a K31 that I got cheap at the same venue 5 years ago.

Home Page > Forum List > General > Gun Shows