• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Anyone have one of these?

I just shot my first match (Lapua Rimfire out at Peacemaker last weekend) and I was using my buddy's rig and loved it. He's rocking a heavily modified 10/22 with NF SHV and there were a few features of the scope that I really would like to have.

It looks like Nikon has an awesome zero stop system and FFP for $650 ($750 illuminated). I watched a few reviews and I'm enamored.

So yeah, has anyone played with one or own one? :D

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Forget Nikon after walking away from NRA. Will not support them going forward.

don't understand this. you also boycotting every scope manufacturer that has never done biz with the nra? seems a little unreasonable to boycott one who has had ties and for some reason stopped, and yet freely support all the others who never worked with the nra.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i have the nikon 4-16f1. haven't shot with it yet though. but glass seems real nice, knobs/dials seem nice, and the price sure is nice ($650 shipped from sportoptics, the illuminated model). the only thing that may bother me is the parallax/illum knob on the left, sticks way out, and i got this for an incoming lefty bolt hunting rifle, hope it won't mess with ejection... my next choice was the nf shv.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Forget Nikon after walking away from NRA. Will not support them going forward.
    I shoot Nikon exclusively for my photography. They already have thousands upon thousands of my dollars. What's another $650? (I can't afford to boycott things that make me lots of money... so that I can give money to support the causes I believe in.)

i have the nikon 4-16f1. haven't shot with it yet though. but glass seems real nice, knobs/dials seem nice, and the price sure is nice ($650 shipped from sportoptics, the illuminated model). the only thing that may bother me is the parallax/illum knob on the left, sticks way out, and i got this for an incoming lefty bolt hunting rifle, hope it won't mess with ejection... my next choice was the nf shv.

Oh, so you're in the exact same predicament as myself. Perfect! Thanks!

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    don't understand this. you also boycotting every scope manufacturer that has never done biz with the nra? seems a little unreasonable to boycott one who has had ties and for some reason stopped, and yet freely support all the others who never worked with the nra.

Apple and Oranges. They pulled sponsorship of convention at the last minute when it was the thing to do. Other companies where bailing on the NRA en mass and they jumped on the bandwagon and pulled a commitment as that is where the political winds were blowing. In fairness I have 2 of their scopes and DSLR from them but will not be purchasing from them going forward. You are free to purchase from whomever you wish to support just expressing my opinion.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I got to get my hands on the FX1000 6-24 today, I was impressed. Glass, turrets, reticle, all very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom