• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Source? Because if so, our reporters are wrong.

This is the first I’m hearing about this law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom of page 4.

https://sos.wv.gov/elections/forms/Documents/Running for Office/2018 RFO FINAL DRAFT.pdf

THE “SORE LOSER” or “SOUR GRAPES” LAW (W. Va. Code §§ 3-5-7(d)(6) and 3-5-23)
    Candidates affiliated with a recognized political party who run for election in a primary election and who lose the nomination cannot change her or his voter registration to a minor party organization/unaffiliated candidate to take advantage of the later filing deadlines and have their name on the subsequent general election ballot.

And yes, the reporters are wrong.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    There is a "sore loser" law in WV. He won't be able to run unless he is able to have the law found unconstitutional in court between now and then.

The deadline ("then" above) is August 1, 2018 to make it on the General ballot.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    How is it Blankenship isn’t aware of this law?

Or his staff?

He is. As pointed out, he will be challenging it in court. Other better written articles point this out.

But that law was just passed in the last session and hasn’t event gone into effect yet. THAT may get him on the ticket.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Washington Free Beacon mentions that Manchin rec'd a total of $7900 from contributors within WV, about 2% of the total campaign financing he rec'd this year. The balance of the $550,000 was from assorted lobbyists and out-of-state contributors.

Here's why:

A spokesman for Manchin told the Charleston Gazette-Mail, which first reported on the lack of West Virginia donations to the senator, that Manchin is too busy helping constituents when he is in the state to raise money.

"When the senator is in the state, he is generally spending a lot of his time trying to help constituents do the things they’re asking him to do on their behalf, which is to help create new jobs and find new opportunities for jobs," said Manchin spokesman Jefrey Pollock. "Nationally, people are giving him money all over the country because they know how important the senator is, they recognize the national effort he's been a part of, and see him as a real leader who they want to see get elected to the United States Senate."

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    A spokesman for Manchin told the Charleston Gazette-Mail, which first reported on the lack of West Virginia donations to the senator, that Manchin is too busy helping constituents when he is in the state to raise money.

"When the senator is in the state, he is generally spending a lot of his time trying to help constituents do the things they’re asking him to do on their behalf, which is to help create new jobs and find new opportunities for jobs," said Manchin spokesman Jefrey Pollock. "Nationally, people are giving him money all over the country because they know how important the senator is, they recognize the national effort he's been a part of, and see him as a real leader who they want to see get elected to the United States Senate."

Translated into real world jargon: "He's a democrat so we have to prop him up no matter how much it costs or what his views and philosophy are, lest the evil republicans gain another seat in the Senate."

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well, you expect a lot of puffery and spin from the candidate's staff. I thought is was pretty funny, how he was so busy working for his constituents that he didn't have time for fund-raising.

Apparently his actual constituents, that is to say WV voters, are not as supportive as his out-of-state best friends.

I'm more than ready to see this skank-ass sleazeball sink into the mudhole where washed-up politicians go to die.

Last edited:

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Should West Virginnie reelect him those that voted for him should die from lack of funds because they couldn't afford his daughters 600 dollar Epi pens. :sad20:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    It literally amazes me how far up Trump's butt Joe Manchin is. You'd think he was part of Trump's staff. It seems like Manchin is at every one of Trump's pressers.

Where is the Dem blowback on this?

Is Joe that close to losing his senate seat in WV?

Beware the man with no moral compass to guide him through life. If a man sways with the wind then he has nothing to stand upon to keep him steady.

Chasing political parties, like Manchin does, is not the way to represent the people who voted you into office.

When that idiot, Arlen Specter, switched from Rep to Dem thinking that he would get a leadership position with the Dems and found himself on the far end of the Dems in committee he may have questioned his decision to flop back to the Dems.

Nobody respects a turncoat and that hasn't changed in several hundred years, ask Benedict Arnold.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The Dems always had the utmost respect for their party leader Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV), who in his younger years was a KKK Exalted Cyclops, but rejected that to become the Dems' Exalted Cyclops, where over the next several decades he put urban blacks back into voluntary slavery. Oh, I guess he wasn't a turncoat after all.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Shotgun Joe (no not that one, the other one) is at it again.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sho...s-anti-obamacare-lawsuit-ad/story?id=57729845

I hope this fool loses.

fellow-kids.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom