What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Set up my checked baggage firearm container last night, using Sams Club $20 box. Pic to follow, tomorrow...

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Last year, we did a major renovation on our house that resulted in a larger workshop for me under the new screened porch for my wife. I'm still in the process of organizing the new and old workshops. On Monday, I spent a very productive holiday working in my gun room building a storage rack for my ammo cans and also a shelf above the safes to store smaller stuff. I intended to mount the GoldenRod heaters in the safes, but ran out of time. This weekend the goal is to get some electrical work done for new overhead lights.

I still need to secure my presses onto the new reloading bench in the workshop. To get a sense of the best layout, we've been using them with C-clamps to hold them down so we could shift them around. Now it's time to lock them in place.

JoeR

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    BAM!

Ingot Casting & Bullets 009.JPG

That mold was hot, hot, hot.

Thanks to all for the help.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    Sorted another 5 gallon bucket of brass to separate pistol and rifle. (That makes 4 buckets in 2 days). And I even got a jump on sorting the different pistol calibers. So much to do! 2 buckets of 5.56 and two buckets of pistol so far and I still have to sort the various pistol calibers and 5.56 by headstamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Dropped charges for 100 match 5.56 loads. And spent some time making a test run at milling the FCG pocket for an AR 80% lower.

d63d9d36d8eb311e8c35fc08e1d9a312.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EKing

NRA Benefactor
    Aug 12, 2016
    Sykesville
    Sorted some tumbled 45 Colt by headstamp and set aside the 44 Mag and 44 Spl. Don't need the 44 Spl, I might post it in the brass trade thread.
    IMG_20170104_215303_626.jpg

Also made some 357 Mag with 158 plated and Titegroup.
    IMG_20170104_220446_189.jpg

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    My 3D printers have been taking up too much of my time. You guys are making me feel bad. Time to go pull the lever.

EKing

NRA Benefactor
    Aug 12, 2016
    Sykesville
    Is that a stuck 9mm case?

It's why I never tumble 9mm and 45LC together.

Good eye!
    If you look a little closer you'll see a couple more in the pile just below the one you circled.
    No, I don't tumble 9's with 44 or 45; they snuck in there somehow. I blame the Russians.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Last night I converted my 550 from 45 ACP to 9mm to try out some new 9mm coated bullets I got from Badman Bullets. I loaded up 20 of them. Half wouldn't fit in the Lyman case gauge, but they passed the plunk test in my CZ barrel. ??? Tonight, I'm switching from 9mm to 40 to load some new coated bullets I got, also from Badman Bullets. This will be significantly easier, since I'm not switching out the primer assembly.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I haven't sat down, at the reloading bench in a Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.

So much 'stuff' going on, now.

Everything from .45-70; 7mm Mag; .300 Remington SAUM; .308/7.62; .223/5.56 to do.

Even some .375 H&H for my son, needs to be done.

Just don't have any time to allot to it. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom