• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock4arms

May 8, 2015
    I am interested in joining one or two of the AGC charter clubs located in Marriottsville. My question is which one to join.

Im interested in some competitive shooting like steel plate challenge but also casual shooting with rimfire & centerfire firearms. Im also looking for a club that does not mandate attending every single meeting but does have some structure.

Your thoughts or Advice??? Thanks

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Monumental Rifle and Pistol offers some structure: Must attend one meeting to become a member, then it is up to you! We encourage shooting in our club matches (2 or more per month) or join in our shotgun/rimfire/centerfire/benchrest leagues. We also have a High Power team too!

We are the first AGC club to be named a Gold club and have won the NRA Outstanding Club of the Year for 2010 and 2016. We are involved in many range and junior events.

Let me know if you have any questions!

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I like Monumental Rifle and Pistol club. And I am a member. For many years

:thumbsup:

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    If you’re looking for a club, Garrison R&R is a great option. We run the Tuesday night Pistol League, monthly rifle shoot, and trap shooting before the monthly meetings. Meetings are on Tuesday night after the pistol league and include food/drink. Also, we have a big range day/bbq in the summer and Annual Meeting(elections) in the Fall, and pumpkin carving shoot. Meeting are not mandatory.

Cost is $50 to join and $20 to renew.
    https://www.garrisonrr.org

Apr 1, 2018
    If you’re looking for a club, Garrison R&R is a great option. We run the Tuesday night Pistol League, monthly rifle shoot, and trap shooting before the monthly meetings. Meetings are on Tuesday night after the pistol league and include food/drink. Also, we have a big range day/bbq in the summer and Annual Meeting(elections) in the Fall, and pumpkin carving shoot. Meeting are not mandatory.

Cost is $50 to join and $20 to renew.
    https://www.garrisonrr.org

I actually just joined Garrison last night and am excited to start shooting!

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    I like Monumental Rifle and Pistol club. And I am a member. For many years

:thumbsup:

Will, we talked about this at the pig roast, can you recommend someone at Monumental that I can talk to? BTW, it was nice to meet you there!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Will, we talked about this at the pig roast, can you recommend someone at Monumental that I can talk to? BTW, it was nice to meet you there!

As I am the current president, feel free to send me a PM or e-mail (president@monumental.org). You can also contact the secretary (secretary@monumental.org).

We do require you attend one meeting to join and take the range orientation. Our next meeting will be on Saturday May 19, 2018. It is our Spring Fling Picnic so the range orientation will be held on Sunday May 20, 2018.

Hope that this answers some of your questions.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club

We have 3-gun shoots, steel plate rife and steel plate pistol shoots, Tuesday Night Steel Shoots, Bust Fest Trap shoots where you shoot 1 - 3 birds at a time. We have an outstanding Juniors program, Women on Target and food at our events. The dues are $40 per year. All of our events are held at the AGC. Our club events calendar is on our website: Arlingtonrpc.org. Send me a pm if you have any questions.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club

We have 3-gun shoots, steel plate rife and steel plate pistol shoots, Tuesday Night Steel Shoots, Bust Fest Trap shoots where you shoot 1 - 3 birds at a time. We have an outstanding Juniors program, Women on Target and food at our events. The dues are $40 per year. All of our events are held at the AGC. Our club events calendar is on our website: Arlingtonrpc.org. Send me a pm if you have any questions.

You are just jealous he mentioned Monumental! Welcome back Rob!

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Joining multiple clubs is pretty cheap, and club-sponsored events are generally open to all AGC members regardless of club affiliation.

Each club has a "personality" for lack of a better word, and most also have a specialty. Mine is focused on highpower events and accuracy at a distance. We all have the same access to the same range so it doesn't really matter TOO much which one you are affiliated with. Particularly since most members never attend their club meetings—which is really a shame honestly, the AGC as a whole depends on volunteers within clubs to generate excitement, host events, and push for new ideas like full auto or 3 gun.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Joining multiple clubs is pretty cheap, and club-sponsored events are generally open to all AGC members regardless of club affiliation.

Each club has a "personality" for lack of a better word, and most also have a specialty. Mine is focused on highpower events and accuracy at a distance. We all have the same access to the same range so it doesn't really matter TOO much which one you are affiliated with. Particularly since most members never attend their club meetings—which is really a shame honestly, the AGC as a whole depends on volunteers within clubs to generate excitement, host events, and push for new ideas like full auto or 3 gun.

A great observation!

I am amazed that Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club has won the NRA Outstanding Club of the Year Award twice (2010 and 2016) as many of our members do not show up for meetings but do come out to support special activities and range work days.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    Plus one for Arlington. If you are looking for a fun club with great leadership, join Arlington.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Arlington is the club to join if you want to shoot steel. No required anything other than attending 3 club events or meetings. After that, do what you want and not what you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom