Attachments

• welcome-to-west-virginia-state-line-sign-29954393.jpg
      welcome-to-west-virginia-state-line-sign-29954393.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 1,211

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Nice piece. My sentiments exactly. Thanks for posting.

If ever MLK's voice and message has been corrupted it's been from the left.

Hate is just as injurious to the hater as it is to the hated. Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Many of our inner conflicts are rooted in hate. This is why psychiatrists say, “Love or perish.” Hate is too great a burden to bear.

-Martin Luther King Jr.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm proud to say that I'm a native of that fine and glorious state. Even the larger towns like Beckley, you will find that kind of hospitality. Sure, there's some bad areas. Usually because of drug addiction. But for the most part it is almost Heaven.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    We love WV! This is the sad time of year for my wife and me. We just finished winterizing our place in Falling Waters in Berkeley County and took the boat and dock out of the water. The RV park shuts down from November through March. The water and electricity are turned off, but there's still 24/7 security and the office has reduced hours. We'll check on our property a few times during the off season, but we'll miss our river neighbors and the farm market just down the road. I'll also miss the nearby shooting range where the RSO expressed his sympathy because I live in Maryland. Opening up in the spring is a community event with neighbors helping neighbors.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    BTW, Pushrod... if I haven't thanked you like a dozen times already... thanks again. That place is the bright spot in our lives.

I'm just glad you and your family enjoy it and have worked to improve it.
    When are you heading down that way again, we still have to get together!

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Pushrod I've been going to Grant county since I was 10 yrs. old now I'm 60. Mt. Storm, Gormania, Bayard area. Beautiful mountain area. Great state.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    We had been looking at a cabin and a NICE piece of property and then those three dopeheads tried to rob the wife and I at hawks nest and now she’s anti WV, I gotta figure out how to fix this, I love WV and would like to retire there but I may have to settle for SW VA.
    I love southern WV

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    We had been looking at a cabin and a NICE piece of property and then those three dopeheads tried to rob the wife and I at hawks nest and now she’s anti WV, I gotta figure out how to fix this, I love WV and would like to retire there but I may have to settle for SW VA.
    I love southern WV

Wyoming County is about as rural as you can get. It's also very south. I was born in Mullens WV but anywhere south of Beckley would probably be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom