• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Ya I forget why, its more CETME than HK. That FDE model is sweet.

However anyone notice the Century M74 isn't "banned" assume this is an expansion of the decision on the SLR104 hopefully this will lead to more 5.45 guns being legal.

Does anyone have the M74 in stock?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I didn't realize these were even questionable. I've seen them for sale in several local shops in the past year or two.

The biggest issue for ME PERSONALLY is the fact that this is noted specifically by manufacturer and model on the MSP list of banned weapons. If it were a type of firearm that could be banned (by being guilty of association type), that's one thing, but this actually lists this exact rifle as being banned.

Yes, I know others will say that they've been selling them at ABC gun store. And I do understand that they could very well be on the list by mistake, but they are on the list. I would very much love to own one, but until it comes off the list, I'm playing it safe. For one reason more than anything. I don't trust the MSP when it comes to stuff like this.

To each their own and I'm not judging anyone who has bought one.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I don't disagree at all. If it's on the MSP website as banned then you gotta assume it's banned.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Does anyone have the M74 in stock?

Didn't think they imported those recently. They have a bad rep on the barrels. Hope this expands as there are still some good bulgy kit 74s out there, Id prefer not to dump a ton of corrosive ammo through my SLR104 or my Romak II.

Any clarity on the C308 would be appreciated, I really want that FDE one next time they come available cheap. I suspect the answer isn't going to be a good one, they have it listed as an Enumerated as opposed to copycat.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Has anyone asked Duffy's how he got the okay for these rifles? I sure would love to know how some gun dealers are selling them. Please, I need some type of documentation.

Thanks!

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Has anyone asked Duffy's how he got the okay for these rifles? I sure would love to know how some gun dealers are selling them. Please, I need some type of documentation.

Thanks!

+1
    Engage won't touch'em same with All Pawn? Then thats a little to iffy for me to chance it.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    So what's the skinny on the legality of parts kit build CETME's?

Got to be built in a non-banned configuration.

Good comment about using a Cetme vs G3 bolt carrier for example. Adding a blocking bar and changing FCG / Carrier is another way (think the Zenith pistols). Just got to be creative.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    Got to be built in a non-banned configuration

Awesome, I was planning on building one with the stock wood furniture anyways, and obviously keeping the Spanish trunnion/bolt head/bcg is a must as well. Otherwise, it sounds like you're good to go, so long as you don't want to build one with a folder AND a hider.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Awesome, I was planning on building one with the stock wood furniture anyways, and obviously keeping the Spanish trunnion/bolt head/bcg is a must as well. Otherwise, it sounds like you're good to go, so long as you don't want to build one with a folder AND a hider.

Yep, that's my understanding of how the C308 got through in the first place. They (Century) took a G3/PTR barrel because CETME barrels are non-existent, turned down the front end to fit the CETME cocking tube.

That allowed for the G3/PTR style flash hider/muzzle break, but use of the Spanish trunnion, cocking tube, bolt/bolt carrier. Then modified the PTR trigger pack and slapped G3 furniture on it.

This would mean that heart of the G3/PTR-91 (bolt/carrier) wouldn't work inside it without modification.

Apex was just selling a bunch of torch cut C308 front ends (for unknown reasons of the torch cut). Couple people took em apart and found exactly that (CETME cocking tube, G3 barrel, G3 tree). My tube was bent but straightened out easy enough.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I was looking for a reason to get my 1st 308 rifle.

PSA's PSA-308 for $699? Screaming deal on an AR-10. I've been thinking about getting a lower and starting to build one, but even with the best deals I can find on parts I don't think I can build one sans optics for less than $800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom