• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Well, my season in ocean city is over now and I'm ready to start going back to the range. I was planning on starting SASS this year ,but cant find any 45 long colt ammo. I called Gander Mtn. in salisbury and they have some for $ 49.95 a box............ WTF ! I mean holy crap !

Does anyone have a decent source for brass?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    MidwayUSA, post a buying reminder, and as soon as you get the "in stock" e-mail buy as much as you want. Might take a couple weeks, but this is how I've been getting brass and bullets for months, the in stock date is merely a guideline, I've had some stuff come in weeks or months before it was supposed to, and others come in a week or two after.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=941195841

I've had really good luck with starline, relatively inexpensive, but very uniform and holds up well for reloading, especially with light loads. I have some 45colt brass that has had about a dozen loads through it without any problems or cracking.

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    Now I have no clue on the price and the drive may be to far, but give Bob at Stateline in Emmitsburg a call. I saw several box of 45 LC on the shelves.

For brass and if Gettysburg is no to far, give this guy a call. I have been in his store and he has a little bit of different brass and lead bullets.

Timeline Cowboy 2523 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325 717-3340776

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    A second vote for Starline. Even during the worst of the shortage, I was able to go right to the starline website and order 1K brass for cheaper than I could get it through most other websites. I'm VERY pleased with thier quality and customer service.

Primers however took 6 monthes...

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    you may try and look up quality cartridge out of Hollywood MD

http://www.qual-cart.com/

They don't list the 45 colt but may beable to gett hem for you.

there are other online places you Can get them as well.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Check out Georgia Arms. They have 45 Colt in SASS Cowboy Loads. Website shows a backorder but they had plenty of the 250gr at Dulles this weekend. Going for about .50cents/round. Their new loads usually use Starline so you also get good brass for your reloads.

If you order from them, you can pick them up at the next Dulles show and save on Va Sales Tax and shipping.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    you may try and look up quality cartridge out of Hollywood MD

http://www.qual-cart.com/

They don't list the 45 colt but may beable to gett hem for you.

there are other online places you Can get them as well.

Quality Cartridge has high prices (custom, so expected), but I am a big fan from what of theirs I have shot.
    I am a very happy customer.
    By the way, about four years ago he gave a discount to C&R holders and so even if you have to pay a MD sales tax, the discount covers all or most of that if he still offers it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom