• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Just emailed my delegate and Senator. Just out of curiosity. OP where did you find this flyer? I’m sure my elected officials will ask where this came from.

Sen Edwards is the chair. Hopefully I will get an answer from his office soon and will relay the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Nic Kipke says it is completely legal , but in bad taste and form . He said the NRA should protest it ... He just answered my text and picture of program

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Also, emailed my local newspaper to see if we can shed some light locally on these shenanigans.

Team 2A. Shouldn’t we all reserve some tables on 2/26 (after all we will be in Annapolis for some gun Bills that day)? Nothing would be better, than the entire rest of the restaurant in WWNC shirts as they walk in. I’m all about eating a fine steak and then getting thrown out before having to pay.

Who’s with me?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Nic Kipke says it is completely legal , but in bad taste and form . He said the NRA should protest it ... He just answered my text and picture of program

How is that even close to being legal?

Is it because no actual money is changing hands, or bank accounts?

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Also, emailed my local newspaper to see if we can shed some light locally on these shenanigans.

Team 2A. Shouldn’t we all reserve some tables on 2/26 (after all we will be in Annapolis for some gun Bills that day)? Nothing would be better, than the entire rest of the restaurant in WWNC shirts as they walk in. I’m all about eating a fine steak and then getting thrown out before having to pay.

Who’s with me?

I like your style.

I've been thrown out of better places than this!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    How is that even close to being legal?

Is it because no actual money is changing hands, or bank accounts?

I was told because all members of the committee are able to attend , it was not singled out for special members that helped push the garbage thru the floor .

I hate it , but that is what now 2 delegates told me .:mad54:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I was told because all members of the committee are able to attend , it was not singled out for special members that helped push the garbage thru the floor .

Talk about a "loophole" that needs to be closed.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    What is legal and what is ethical are to VERY different things

And the unethical people decide what is legal

Talk about a "loophole" that needs to be closed.

Yeah it sucks bigly , but i believe what i am being told as accurate . I don't know where to find it in law to dis-prove what they both told me .

They both said it was in bad taste . But i believe it is done to trigger us as a gun community .

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    This is what I sent to every member of the judicial committee (R's and D's)

Does the Judicial Proceedings Committee intend to go to this BLATANT bribery meeting where you will be gifted a very expensive dinner (that most of your constituents cannot afford) which would of course be in exchange for allowing yourself to be talked into voting the way the dinner sponsor wants?

This may be legal by the rules you have established for yourselves, but it is highly unethical.

I would hope that instead of attending this bribery session that you would all individually file a report with the ethics committee against this lobbying firm. That is what you should be doing as true representatives of the people of Maryland.

Do you want to be associated with out if state money influencing Maryland law?

I will be sure to post any responses I receive.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I have found the WCBM 680 radio show hosts to be pretty responsive to stuff like this too

They have 6 hours of air time to fill every morning. They pretty much will take any content ideas they can get.

Sean Casey (program director) - sean@wcbm.com
    Frank Luber (shownhost) - drliber2002@yahoo.com
    Bruce Elliott (showhost) - bruce@wcbm.com
    Nino Mangione (showhost I think) - nino@wcbm.com
    Derek Hunter (showhost) - detek@wcbm.com

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Will we ever get rid of lobby groups & bribes ?

That group is a front for illegal back door deals if I have ever seen one . Corruption in plain sight .

Yes, after the revolution, and then only for a time being.

Welcome to the world of politics. You guys think that vinegar is going to win this. Appears the other side is still going with honey. I am reserving my vinegar for the revolution.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Where is the source for the invitation ? Sent only to select delegates and one of them leaked it out ?

Its a piss in the wind but I would still email a few individuals and stir the pot some.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

Sooo ... bribes are okay as long as everyone on the committee gets one?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    It is a legal, in-session activity. Per Ethics Rules, as long as an entire 'unit' (committee or house) is invited, these events are acceptable. Focusing the event to more than one legislator, but less than a whole committee, would be an Ethics Violation. It is clearly discussed on the lobbyist training provided on the State Ethics website.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom