Possible VCDL Bus from Accomack County for Lobby Day, 20 January!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    VCDL Bus from Accomack County for Lobby Day, 20 January!

UPDATE as of Jan 10, 20: Roughly ~ 30-31 seats spoken for as of yesterday. Time is getting close, ticket sales stop on 17 January. I have 5-6 free tickets available to folks that would like to go, but $$ is a little tight right now, if you are wanting to go, let my know via PM.

The goal of making these buses available, is to make it as easy as possible for you to get to Richmond to lobby your legislators.

A special, heartfelt "Thank You!" to those Marylanders that are going to support Virginia!

The Accomack County VCDL Bus will be asked to stop at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel Rest Area on the Northern side of the bridge, if you are in Northampton County, and were waiting to hear about that to sign up, go ahead and sign up! A big thanks to Paul Dacyczyn at Northampton Firearms for making that happen!

Folks, it's a done deal now! Update follows:
    Okay, we have a bus chartered for Richmond on 20 January, VCDL Lobby Day! See the sign up link from VCDL and their processing agent, Eventbrite so you can sign up: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lobby-day-bus-accomack-county-tickets-87822795345 Tickets are $35 a piece.

And also this VCDL link for the whole event https://www.vcdl.org/ keep an eye on it and sign up for "VCDL Alerts" for info and updates. I have agreed to be the “bus captain”. Bus leaves from Four Corners Plaza, Onley, VA at 0400 (4a.m. for you other folks! ;-) , and leaves Richmond at 1400 (2p.m.).
    Check the weather in Richmond and dress accordingly, we may be spending some time outside. There is a push by the same folks that are trying to take our gun rights away to make Richmond a “Gun Free Zone”, so keep an eye on that, and in either case, VCDL has suggested that all of us leave our long guns home, as that becomes the media’s distraction, as of now, pistols are actually okay.

Here's the address of Four Corners Plaza: 25296 Lankford Highway, Onley, VA 23418, it's a big parking lot, and we will need to park and board the bus at the south end of the parking lot (near Peebles Store), but closer to the highway, not the stores. Oh, and the owner has asked that we not park any vehicles overnight or with big banners or signs plastered all over them, and that's totally reasonable, so lets comply!

I won't need anybodies emails anymore, the eventbrite site will track all of that for me.

Last edited:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Folks, it ain't a done deal yet, but I made some serious headway with getting a VCDL bus up to VAs Eastern Shore to take us to Richmond on Lobby Day, 20 January. I just need to find a patch of land in Accomack County where we can park about 40-50 cars for the day and the bus can pick up/drop off from. More details to follow...
    https://www.vcdl.org/

Here's what I envision though:
    Possible Pick-up/Drop-off at Four Corners Plaza in Onley (Permission pending!)
    Probably have to leave around 0400 for Richmond.
    Most likely leave Richmond for the shore around 1400.
    Cost: $35 or more, depending on the charter bus company. Still cheaper then driving down and paying the toll + gas and all. Maybe we could bribe the driver into a stop at Green Top on the way back???:innocent0

So... who's with me? :beer:
    https://youtu.be/6eX3fiQLo84
    No, seriously, if you want to ride down on this bus, let me know, 'kay?

https://goo.gl/maps/Ge9XpczL2RjhVdUK7

Northampton Firearms. They have a decent sized lot and the adjoining business is an American Legion.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Have you contacted Bloomberg's Everytown to see if they'll sponsor the bus, and maybe send you a box of shirts and hats?
    You mean trick 'em and suck up their resources? Nice! None of my crowd could pull off acting like libtards though. Shirts would make good gun rags though...

I was hoping a bus would show. Otherwise I'm driving, an I hate driving at night.
    Hey 303, if you are going and want to come down here to ride with us, how about shooting me a PM with your email address, I'll add you to the list and keep you up to speed on the bus location and times, which could change at some point between now and the 20th. Glad to have you aboard!

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Well, I can't guarantee that, but I can guarantee that I'll ask, and try like hell to get another one! :party29:

Fill it an they'll get another. Fairfax is at three as of now. You can't beat the $35 price coming from the Shore. Ticket sales end on the 17th. So get off your 6 an put your money where your mouth is!

See you there!

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Better then me driving the entire way an leaving at 1 a.m. Plus, no tolls, parking an driving in the traffic.

Pillow? A blanket an ear plugs for all the snoring :D
    True that, true that!

Say, at the NRA/ILA "Look, We're Here, Too" Town Hall, in Exmore yesterday, they felt CERTAIN that the dems were going to vote a city gun ban in for Lobby Day. We may not be able to carry, or, we could carry, but partner up with a guy and pass him your piece when you go "inside the wire", so to speak. Rotate like that, maybe? All this Antifa talk has me longing for the comfort of my G32C and a pair of spares...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom