• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    PowPow Jr asked me about what it would take for me to get him a shirt. lol He apparently has the vocals to go with said shirt. He chose to do the vocals all on his own with absolutely no coaching from me. I was very surprised and happy to see that he understood what was going on enough to participate and put himself out there for others to hear as well as see.

We had a great day!

PowPow & MM shoot me a PM with their sizes and your mailing address and I will get shirts out to both of them early next week.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    b76d41c8e066bc9e124c8f447bc50229.jpg

Was the above sign deliberately created to look like MD is constantly taking a bite out of our "RIGHTS" or did the paint just get a bit worn? Either way, the message is BRILLIANT!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    While I agree that rationally this sounds like a good idea., the fundamental problem is that the antis are not bargaining in good faith, and never have been. "public safety" is just a convenient trope they use when it suits them. This has nothing to do with public safety. People who are an imminent danger to themselves or others should be in jail. period. If it were about safety, they would support that. Antis are looking to ban guns incrementally. period. They are flat out prohibitionists, same as the prohibitionists of the 1900s banning alcohol. If you doubt me go back and re-read the sticky thread "In Their Own Words; A Blueprint to Ban Handguns by Joe Curran"

The immediate proof is that they are desperately fighting tooth and nail to dissolve the HPRB and salvage their ridiculous scheme of rationing carry permits. If they were in any way rational negotiators, they would realize shall issue is inevitable at this point and trade G&S for whatever they think they want. I think people around here would jump for joy if we got HQL=carry permit and traded it for UBCs or whatever. There is no trade even remotely on the table like that, which means all people can do is play defense, stop further infringements, and hold the line until we get a ruling or three from the Supreme Court, the first of which will come as soon as next year.

I guess you really didn't read my post then.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You would need to approach the Bloomberg organization (or the Little Napoleon his own self) for this to get any traction at all. He controls ALL of his organizations directly WRT strategy via $$$FUNDING$$$. These sheep are not working out of the goodenss of their heart. No money, no Everytown, MDA, MPGV.

You make a very large assumption my friend. And you know what happens when you assume. How hard is it to ask them and then see what they say to a sit down? Either yes or no. but in asking for a meeting it has to be on a very specific issue, like getting Maryland to completely submit all required information to NICS.

The answer will either be yes or no.

If it is Yes, then we discuss, we come away with a combined plan, or we may not.

If the answer is no, then we go public and call them out as not being interested at all in fixing Maryland's NICS reporting failures, and thus they are also a part of the problem with letting prohibited person slip through the crack in Maryland and passing background checks.

We want to fix NICS, they should be for that as well. If not, then they aren't as in favor of "public safety" and UBC as they claim to be, and for THAT, we call them out each and every time they bring it up.

Alinsky - Pick a target, freeze it, own the subject and get the target to make mistakes and capitalize on those mistakes.

As for the paid sheep, that would be the leadership, I am betting if we sit down with the rank and file, they will force the leadership to the table whether they want to be there or not.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Deepest Patriot Picket gratitude extended to all of our Honor Roll of cold-weather 2A warriors attending today:

Big K, PowPow, PowPow Jr., Derek, Some Guy, EdgewaterTom, Franklin, Michael, JimBoy, MigraineMan and MigraineMan Junior, Rack&Roll and Stoveman.

Great meeting you all in person today, thanks to the Picket for making it happen. See you again soon.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It seems the Anti's got scared of Trump and Judicial changes and tried to take too big a bite of the "incremental infringements" apple and woke up some of the silent majority so they are pushing back. Only time will tell what the ultimate outcome will be.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Today was an awesome opportunity to put a positive spin on the 2A situation. The signs grabbed attention, which immediately opened into positive conversation. There were a few hecklers, who almost exclusively threw drive-by jabs. But overwhelmingly, folks would engage in conversation (or just listen to folks doing so.)

I met two gentlemen from Canada. We compared legislative structures between the two countries. One of the guys was a "just call 9-1-1" proponent, so I took the opportunity to describe my run-in with the car thieves in Baltimore. He noted "I don't believe in defending property." I pointed at my son and replied "My particular situation revolved around defending him, his sister, and his mother from harm that was clearly going to be inflicted upon us. The only speculative part of this was whether we were going to be injured or be killed." I'm pretty sure I poked a hole in his one-size-fits-all position, and his friend was nodding in agreement.

The crowd was remarkably varied. We spoke to people from Califonia, Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Delaware, New York, Connecticut, Indiana, Missouri, The Dominican Republic, and India. I am consistently amazed at just how much effort conversations require.

But today was totally worth it.

French-Canadian?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom