• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Seem like every week the AK world takes another hit.. everything about Ak's is becoming more expensive the AR's. We lose Veprs to sanctions, 74 kits drying up,556 AK mags no longer being imported in, 74 mags back up to 30+ a pc. whats next? Its a sad day to see how expensive AK's are to AR prices

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    But nails sure has a nice ring to it, like last nail in the coffin.

The AK ship began sailing a long time ago. First there was Chinese, then the barrel ban. I remember a glorious time when you could build an AK with a piece of sheet metal and a $99 G kit.

It's a damn shame, even if you don't like AKs--they remain one of the most historically interesting firearms given how many were made, in how many flavors, in how many countries. Just the mags alone could keep a collector busy.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    What you are seeing is the impact of foreign conflict. Much if not all of production, commercial guns (vepr) aside, is being consumed by the ongoing conflicts around the world. For example, importers are reporting that psl production is at a high, but many of those cugir guns are being bought for and supplied to unsanctioned US supported efforts in the current conflicts.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    AKs cost one thousand dollars because gun shop owners know frantic gun buyers will pay one thousand dollars for AKs.

Where does the high cost of AKs lay?

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    It is definitely obeying Econ 101. Short supply in the USA due to popular demand and import restrictions results in higher prices.

I would love to add that AMD-63 to my safe, right next to my AMD-65. (Though I'd prefer original wood furniture.)
    Too bad it won't happen in this authoritarian nanny state.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    But nails sure has a nice ring to it, like last nail in the coffin.

The AK ship began sailing a long time ago. First there was Chinese, then the barrel ban. I remember a glorious time when you could build an AK with a piece of sheet metal and a $99 G kit.

It's a damn shame, even if you don't like AKs--they remain one of the most historically interesting firearms given how many were made, in how many flavors, in how many countries. Just the mags alone could keep a collector busy.

But would you say last knell in the coffin?

Oh well, let's burn that bridge when we come to it.

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    Couldn't buy it in md. Zastava pistols have gone up 100 or more dollars in price also

I have mentioned before that these should be MD legal by MSP's own definitions. The piston is not compatible with other AKs.

"The Maryland State Police is responsible for reaching its own conclusions with respect to whether particular firearms are copies of enumerated banned firearms. In reaching those conclusions, the Maryland State Police adheres to the process articulated in the Firearms Bulletin #10-2 dated November 4, 2010 a copy of which may be found on our website. To that end, the Maryland State Police has determined that, for enforcement purposes, a firearm is considered a copy if it is both cosmetically similar to and has completely interchangeable internal components necessary for the full operation and function of one of the enumerated banned weapons."
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

The AMD 63 uses a different length gas piston than a regular AK. It is not interchangeable. The AMD piston is about an inch shorter than a standard AK piston. So wouldn't that mean that the AMD 63 would be MD legal?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Without getting into the lame and tired conversation of "which is better" I personally enjoy shooting my Saiga much much much more than either of my AR's.

That 7.62 round is just a thumper and a delight to fire.

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    I definitely want to get an arsenal slr106 before they start getting too expensive. Since I've always wanted to get a get a Maryland compliant AK rifle for years.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Seem like every week the AK world takes another hit.. everything about Ak's is becoming more expensive the AR's. We lose Veprs to sanctions, 74 kits drying up,556 AK mags no longer being imported in, 74 mags back up to 30+ a pc. whats next? Its a sad day to see how expensive AK's are to AR prices
    I haven't been keeping track (although the Arsenal AK-74 variants were more than I ultimately wanted to spend, Arsenal always charges more). Does this hold true for AK-47s as well?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    The mag shortage is annoying, simple to fix because magpul has entered the market. I just can't find any local to drive to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom